Thread: Allegany State Park Pics

Default Allegany State Park Pics

Another great ride, perfect conditions.

Alleghany State Park looks great. Just saw a webshow, SnowTV, that featured the area. We are from central PA. I know that we need NY registration. I think that I read if you join a club it's less expensive for registration. Is it possible to ride our sleds from PA Alleghany National Forest into Alleghany State Park and join a club and get registation, all from our sleds? If not, how can it be done with the least planning and for the least expense?

Default Join!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensnow
    Alleghany State Park looks great. Just saw a webshow, SnowTV, that featured the area. We are from central PA. I know that we need NY registration. I think that I read if you join a club it's less expensive for registration. Is it possible to ride our sleds from PA Alleghany National Forest into Alleghany State Park and join a club and get registation, all from our sleds? If not, how can it be done with the least planning and for the least expense?
    Welcome- hope you come visit soon!

You can join a club online- at https://membership.nyssnowassoc.org/

Find a club in the area you plan to ride- you can print a voucher that is used to show the DMV that you are a member- and you get the reduced rate registration.

You can't get a registration on the spot; but you can visit the NYS DMV online, download forms and mail them in with a check and the voucher.

Perhaps some of our members from that area can help?
    Mike
    Chittenango Polar Bears Safety Director, NYSSA Trail Defender, Member of: Taberg Trailblazers
    2013 Polaris Indy 600, 1970 Skidoo Olympique 399, and 1968 Agway Sno-Squire 299 One-lunger.
    Support Your Sport... Join WherEVER You Ride!

You can ride from the Allegany National Forest, PA into Allegany State Park, NY on the Yeager Brook trail. Be sure you have your NY registration before you go into the park.

As stated above, you need to mail in the application to NYDMV (which takes 2 weeks) or drive to NY and visit a DMV personally with you voucher during the week. There is NO other way to get a sticker. Joining a club for your voucher is easy online with a PAYPAL account, and you get your voucher within a day, but the sticker is alot more work........if you cannot drive to get your sticker, it may not be worth spending the monies this year because snow could be gone in 2 weeks by the time you get it returned in the mail.

Forgot to add..........make SURE YOU HAVE A NY STICKER, they patrol that park alot for both stickers and SPEED, they use radar guns!!!!!! Also, no gas or food in the park, so pack supplies.......I am from central PA and ride there during the season several times

What is the speed limit? How forceful are they with the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mascot
    What is the speed limit? How forceful are they with the radar?

Ther postings vary depending on the trail......#1 if I remember is 35 (I think)......they sit on their sled (have 3 or so) with radar on a bend......I have been stopped several times just to check for sticker, insurance etc.