Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin GPS Tracks

Default Garmin GPS Tracks

Looking for any Snowmobile trail gps tracks for a garmin handheld unit. 76mapcsx

Default GPS Tracks

You can buy all of Quebecs trails for your GPS for $80.

http://www.gpsquebec.ca/produits/det...215&Lang=en_ca

I am going to buy this in the fall to check it out. When you're riding in QC with a GPS it is amazing how closely the GPS recorded tracks match the printed maps so I assume that they're all in GPS and in the above package. I only found out about it at the end of last season and I'm waiting until fall in case they update it for 2006-2007.

Default Any one use this ?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorjack
    You can buy all of Quebecs trails for your GPS for $80.

http://www.gpsquebec.ca/produits/det...215&Lang=en_ca

I am going to buy this in the fall to check it out. When you're riding in QC with a GPS it is amazing how closely the GPS recorded tracks match the printed maps so I assume that they're all in GPS and in the above package. I only found out about it at the end of last season and I'm waiting until fall in case they update it for 2006-2007.

Thinking of ordering this, any one here able to offer feedback on it?

thanks in advance

Default Quebec Tracks

As of 10/16/06, I purchased the Quebec package that is being updated and rec'd this message:

Thank you for the purchase of our product. We are currently updating this year product. We plan to begin delivering the product on next Monday.

If itís a problem, I can send you last year product.

Thanks for your patience.

I also ordered the Garmin Canada TOPOP for $114US from TigerDirect.

Default GPSQuebec

I did purchase the trail package in August. I have played around with it alot on my computer. It is a bit quirky but it seems to work well. ALL QC trails are in the package. Mine will be last years so there will be some differences due to new or closed trails. On your PC you can click on a starting point and ending point and it will auto-route using the sled trails and give you the mileage, then transfer the routes to your handheld. I have pre-planned a weeks saddlebag trip using it. Obviously I haven't used it on the sled yet, but since last years recorded tracks match the trails perfectly I am pretty confident in the product.

BTW, I am a Mac user and have the GPSQuebec trails mapsource running in windows 98 SE via an app called GuestPC. Not fast but works if any Mac users want to know.

Default Thanks for input

Have a question:

Did you lay the tracks over garmin's canada topo software?
    Just wondering how it looks on the device, I have a garmin map76csx with 1gig so plenty of space for maps.
    My riding area is St Zenon east to Gaspie.
    Does fuel stops show?

I also spoke to them about Ontario and they are working on it.
    Have a trip planned to Bancroft (district 2) after xmas in dec.

Pray for snow!
    www.nysnowmobilers.com

Always ready to ride!

The Trail package is installed in Mapsource on my GuestPC and as an additional map on my Garmin GPSmap60CS. I do not have any Canada topo software loaded in my handheld. Once you zoom enough on the handheld you can see essence stops, restaurants, hotels, etc. Even the smallest bridges are shown on the handheld once you're zoomed enough. You can also use the Find command to search for the closest gas or other services.

On my handheld my basemap roads are displayed until I am zoomed enough, then the trails show up and look like roads including their names. I feel like its def worth the $80.

Default Nice work

Rec'd the updated files and I like it!
    Works real nice with the other garmin files and I lay the TOPO/city select on it you have full local info in your hand.
    Can't wait to ride!
    www.nysnowmobilers.com

Always ready to ride!

Which Garmin are you guys using with this?

I have a 2730, and also the eTrek. I'd prefer the former, but Garmin seems only to recommend the City Navigator with it.

Thanks

Garmin Map60CS. As long as you can upload to either of those it should work on both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast