Thread: Hyner and Haneyville Trail report

Thumbs up Hyner and Haneyville Trail report

Trails along 44 going from haneyville out thru Pat readers have good base with some rocks thru here and there. Not enough snow to groom yet, needs a good 6-10 to secure the base and groom in smooth. Trails in the woods are good where the truck joint use didn't make snow ruts. Cover is good on the sled trails and icy base is underneath everywhere on all trails.
    All in all a good stretching of the sled legs to get on a few local miles from the house.
    Hope for more snow while the temps stay under freezing. Currently 19 F and expecting more wind Saturday.

We drove Saturday from Haneyville down Carrier, to Sinking Spring over to Lebo Vista. Down Lebo to Trout Run. That was rough. Trout Run up Little Boyer south on 44. Right Branch Hyner down to the park. THen up to Hyner View and out to Ritchie Road and back over through Sinking Springs.

Things are setting up nicely. Some ruts from vehicles....but good ice base. Need more snow.

Gizz.....great webcam with the sleds parked around it!

Won't get back up till 1/23 weekend. Hopefully more snow till then!
    Deb Steffy Mengel
    Camp Bowtop near Haneyville, PA
    Home is Kutztown, PA

Deb,
    Do you ride Polaris? The reason i ask is i followed someone up the mountain on Thursday around noon and they were hauling an open trailer with 2 polaris sleds on it. They turned left at the mtn top and I went right. Just wondered.
    I agree with what you posted. Lebo down to trout run is complete shot....DON"T DO IT. Other than that and very thin snow on the trails along 44 i thought it was ok this weekend. Better than nothing. We went to Reeders a few times and to the Black Forest for Lunch on Saturday. I won't be out again until it snows but we have nice base.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM
    We drove Saturday from Haneyville down Carrier, to Sinking Spring over to Lebo Vista. Down Lebo to Trout Run. That was rough. Trout Run up Little Boyer south on 44. Right Branch Hyner down to the park. THen up to Hyner View and out to Ritchie Road and back over through Sinking Springs.

Things are setting up nicely. Some ruts from vehicles....but good ice base. Need more snow.

Gizz.....great webcam with the sleds parked around it!

Won't get back up till 1/23 weekend. Hopefully more snow till then!
    Last edited by gizz; 01-04-2010 at 11:39 AM.

We do drive Polaris, but you were following my brother in law...they have 2 Polaris sleds also. We actually came up from Woolrich on Thursday around that same time.

Think snow. Maybe one of these weekends, we'll stop in to meet you.
    Deb Steffy Mengel
    Camp Bowtop near Haneyville, PA
    Home is Kutztown, PA