Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Piston Bully parts.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pulaski
    Posts
    6,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justfrfun
    too bad it is so hard to get parts for bully's they are a good trail grooming machine . as i said in a post last year this would probably be a problem now that some clubs try to built there own groomers out of farm and garden tractor's and hurt bully sales , how can they afford to stock parts . i just saw a kabota yard tractor with sousy tracks and a snow plow getting a flat bed ride to sick bay . must be a big problem because the club owner who built it usally does his own wrench'g . the problem is that the machine was over loaded when they put all the groomer ad on's on it and it cant handle the stress it will just cost the club supporters more money and if it snow's there will be less grooming done by the club , i suggested getting a bully and were told they were no good , all the problems ive seen except for pals is improper storage and maint, bully the pro's grooming equipment
    our tuckers get the same storage and maint; same bldg. same wrenches and same mechanic. our tuckers will pull the same mogul master that the bully will. cooks is easier to deal with; faster service; more stock on shelf and they can keep their own fleet running. i knew we were in trouble the day they delivered the bully with a pick up truck; they said both big trucks were broke down; twice; the day we had them deliver a demonstrator and then when they delivered our new machine. the demo didn't have a drag. we had no idea how it would pull a drag. now i know why the guys did so much bladding to accomplish what we did with a mogulmaster/tucker combo; the bully couldn't pull the drag with the front blades on the ground. the company should not have sold a drag that the machine couldn't handle. the guys from our club responsable for buying that machine had no clue; and club satisfaction was not the first priority. thats my honest opinion

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old jerry
    our tuckers get the same storage and maint; same bldg. same wrenches and same mechanic. our tuckers will pull the same mogul master that the bully will. cooks is easier to deal with; faster service; more stock on shelf and they can keep their own fleet running. i knew we were in trouble the day they delivered the bully with a pick up truck; they said both big trucks were broke down; twice; the day we had them deliver a demonstrator and then when they delivered our new machine. the demo didn't have a drag. we had no idea how it would pull a drag. now i know why the guys did so much bladding to accomplish what we did with a mogulmaster/tucker combo; the bully couldn't pull the drag with the front blades on the ground. the company should not have sold a drag that the machine couldn't handle. the guys from our club responsable for buying that machine had no clue; and club satisfaction was not the first priority. thats my honest opinion
    You know what they say about opinions! Everyone has one. Yours must be the only right one on TC. Have another cookie. It will keep your mouth busy and your hands full.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pulaski
    Posts
    6,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash4
    You know what they say about opinions! Everyone has one. Yours must be the only right one on TC. Have another cookie. It will keep your mouth busy and your hands full.
    wish i could; diabetic! damn you guys!

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old jerry
    wish i could; diabetic! damn you guys!
    Type 1 or 2?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tughill
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justfrfun
    too bad it is so hard to get parts for bully's they are a good trail grooming machine . as i said in a post last year this would probably be a problem now that some clubs try to built there own groomers out of farm and garden tractor's and hurt bully sales , how can they afford to stock parts . i just saw a kabota yard tractor with sousy tracks and a snow plow getting a flat bed ride to sick bay . must be a big problem because the club owner who built it usally does his own wrench'g . the problem is that the machine was over loaded when they put all the groomer ad on's on it and it cant handle the stress it will just cost the club supporters more money and if it snow's there will be less grooming done by the club , i suggested getting a bully and were told they were no good , all the problems ive seen except for pals is improper storage and maint, bully the pro's grooming equipment
    Until you operate a bully and a tractor you wont know. Pb are hard to get parts for, and parts are more expensive. Tractors are made to pull

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    have driven them both , a bully with 8000 hrs on it and a tractor with 500 guese wich one did the beter job and had minor problems. if tractors are made to pull why are they always broke down with very low milage on them in the first and second year of there operations . they may work a few hours at a time on the farm but if farmers ran them 10 hours aday . milk would be 10 a gallon to cover repair cost , also they are not set up for the extreme cold like comericial groomers , go to any tractor store and get a book of trail groomers and models and post it here so we can all see one .you might find bombardier , pisten bully and tucker .as manufactred sno trail groomers.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nysierra
    Until you operate a bully and a tractor you wont know. Pb are hard to get parts for, and parts are more expensive. Tractors are made to pull
    LOL ask Jonnyboy at Timberview about that one or maybe the FAST guys.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pulaski
    Posts
    6,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justfrfun
    have driven them both , a bully with 8000 hrs on it and a tractor with 500 guese wich one did the beter job and had minor problems. if tractors are made to pull why are they always broke down with very low milage on them in the first and second year of there operations . they may work a few hours at a time on the farm but if farmers ran them 10 hours aday . milk would be 10 a gallon to cover repair cost , also they are not set up for the extreme cold like comericial groomers , go to any tractor store and get a book of trail groomers and models and post it here so we can all see one .you might find bombardier , pisten bully and tucker .as manufactred sno trail groomers.
    its obvious; you never did any haying from 2hrs after sunrise till dark, the tractors never shut down; i'm not in favor of using farm tractors for pulling drags; but there is a much larger market for resale later down the road and your not selling to a broke non profit organization! i believe that is a big plus with the tractor. BCSP seems to do ok with the green machine!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justfrfun
    have driven them both , a bully with 8000 hrs on it and a tractor with 500 guese wich one did the beter job and had minor problems. if tractors are made to pull why are they always broke down with very low milage on them in the first and second year of there operations . they may work a few hours at a time on the farm but if farmers ran them 10 hours aday . milk would be 10 a gallon to cover repair cost , also they are not set up for the extreme cold like comericial groomers , go to any tractor store and get a book of trail groomers and models and post it here so we can all see one .you might find bombardier , pisten bully and tucker .as manufactred sno trail groomers.
    http://www.nmpf.org/files/file/Cost%...Production.pdf

    i think that link should show you that farmer's arn't the ones controllling the price of milk, they don't spend more than they make at times just for fun (and that is per 100pounds of milk) i'm sure any farmer would be glad to get $10 per gallon

    and as far as the not set up for cold weather and not running 10 hours a day. i've been around some operations that don't shut a tractor down for days except between operators and unlike a lot of jobs where when it gets too cold you can just finish the job another day, cows don't wait for anything (and never get Christmas off, don't care if you have a hangover) and they must be fed (by tractor usually) whether its 100 or -30

    so if i had to choose a machine that was built to work, i'll take a tractor anyday plus i imagine they would be much cheaper to maintain

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pulaski
    Posts
    6,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 05600sdi
    Type 1 or 2?
    type 2; i think it had to do with agent orange cocktails for 4 yrs. main problem is eatin is my favorite passtime

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •