Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Snowmobile & The Edge COnditions! WTF!

Default Absolute Snowmobile & The Edge COnditions! WTF!

First off,

Does anyone actually take "magnum's" trail conditions into consideration? Personally, I dont. Due to the fact, when the hill gets pounded with 2-3 feet of snow, magnum reports 6-12''. I realize this is a way to cover his ass, but still! His reports are always marginal, especially this year. He has not ocse been out on the trails HIMSELF, he just goes by "here-say" and other sources for his reports. Last year and previous years he has had MULTIPLE posts including photo's of his ride, this year = ZERO! I just go on his website and observe the LIVE CAMS, thats IT!

Next,

The Edge hotel is currently reporting "rough and bumpy" trails for BCSP and "marginal" conditions for other areas, when they have received 1-2 feet of snow since sunday. Im assuming they just post the same conditions until they are updated, but at the same time, it might deter sledders from traversing that area, when in reality, conditions are fine. Atleast post "we have not recieved any new reports since the last time we posted, so conditions could quite possibly have changed for the better due to the snow we have recieved....." yada yada

SOrry for the rant, just wanted to vent. THINK SNOW!

Default Gotta take everything with a grain of salt

I take everything with a grain of salt on the message boards. Try to take all of the perspectives into mind. Absolute snowmobile is one I don't read - I have witnessed first hand bs in those reports and I don't like how trails to sponsors always seem to be smoother than their competitors.

You also have to take things on the non-commercial boards with a grain of salt too. A few weeks ago the boards said things were crap (just before the thaw) and I went up and did 160 miles in 5 hours. Some parts were right, like how great the Kasaog trails were, but other parts just plain wrong.

No matter what, anyone needs to know that the afternoon on the bar loop on the weekends is going to be bumpy. If you don't want that, ride early or stay away from that area. I focus on trying to learn good trails off the bar loop.

Happy riding, and don't beleive everything you read!

One of the biggest issues with reporting Tug Hill trail conditions is that the trails and weather change quickly. Now I am not sticking up for anyone as it is just not possible to ride all 600+ miles of Tug Hill every night, so I will agree 100% with "EMTP579", take all reports with a grain of salt.
    Sunday and Monday we received lake effect snow. Typically that is a narrow band so some areas get pounded others get a trace. The stuff was light and fluffy but for what I observed on the Worth, Barnes Corners, Montague area the trails looked to have good coverage.

i thought the edge trail site was up dated 2 times a week and only accepts the trail report from club oficers / owners . havnt heard much about the other one except there are people looking for him big time

A foot or more on the hill since the weekend and he doesn't make a new post?? I heard there are alot of people looking for him too, maybe they found him!!!

The Edge reports are only from groomer operators. Some groomer operators are notorious for not having much use for computers. Also after many hours of grooming and a very late night the last thing they are going to do is spend more time on the computer giving a detailed report.

That is one of the most up to date websites, it is VERY unusual that there hasn't been an update since Saturday....................

Quote Originally Posted by hamcotrailrider
    The Edge reports are only from groomer operators. Some groomer operators are notorious for not having much use for computers. Also after many hours of grooming and a very late night the last thing they are going to do is spend more time on the computer giving a detailed report.
    WE DO IF WE GET SNOW>OUR EAST END COMES THE NEXT DAY IF NOT THAT NIGHT. RIGHT NOW; DOWN IN THE FLATS; WE ARE HURTING FOR SNOW AROUND PULASKI; WE ARE STILL CLOSED WEST OF I 81

Default Absolute Snowmobile

I agree, i only look at the website because all of the trail cams are in one place.

You cant believe the trail reports for several reasons but the main reason is the conditions change wayyyy to rapidly to ever have an accurate report. The only way to know for sure is pay attention to weather/snowfall and get up there for yourself and ride the trails... IMO

Quote Originally Posted by trouthunter
    First off,

Does anyone actually take "magnum's" trail conditions into consideration? Personally, I dont. Due to the fact, when the hill gets pounded with 2-3 feet of snow, magnum reports 6-12''. I realize this is a way to cover his ass, but still! His reports are always marginal, especially this year. He has not ocse been out on the trails HIMSELF, he just goes by "here-say" and other sources for his reports. Last year and previous years he has had MULTIPLE posts including photo's of his ride, this year = ZERO! I just go on his website and observe the LIVE CAMS, thats IT!

Next,

The Edge hotel is currently reporting "rough and bumpy" trails for BCSP and "marginal" conditions for other areas, when they have received 1-2 feet of snow since sunday. Im assuming they just post the same conditions until they are updated, but at the same time, it might deter sledders from traversing that area, when in reality, conditions are fine. Atleast post "we have not recieved any new reports since the last time we posted, so conditions could quite possibly have changed for the better due to the snow we have recieved....." yada yada

SOrry for the rant, just wanted to vent. THINK SNOW!
    WELL TROUT HUNTER; WHY ARE YOU HERE? JUST WONDERING IS ALL!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast