Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail Report - Onondaga Hill to Denny's Mountainview

Default Trail Report - Onondaga Hill to Denny's Mountainview

Dropped at a friends house on Onondaga Hill. Got on the trail at Harris and Seneca tpk. Anyone who rides that knows how brutal that secondary can be. (S52) Trails were pretty snow covered though. There was some water holes but not too bad. Great for 12/22! Good snow coverage all the way to Song. Of course it was closed, it always seems to be when I go there! So we headed to Denny's. We were probably the 3rd or 4th sled on those trails. They have way less snow! I wouldn't recommend that area until they get more. The cornfield behind Denny's looks like it being harvested this week. The lady at the bar was nice though and fired up the fryers so we could have some tenders. The clubs have done a great job with some of the woods trails. Only saw about 6 sleds. No grooming that I could see has been done, but since this was opening day, that's to be expected. Freezing rain was very annoying also!!!!!

58 miles. Would have gone to the Moondance but had sled troubles. My secondary sled is not idling right. It runs perfect in the higher rpm's but you have to give it gas to keep it going when idling. Ran perfect for half the trip. I just cleaned the carbs on it. I guess I'll do it again. Any suggestions? It does have 11,000 miles on it so I think its getting tired!!

Anyways, anyone wanting to ride that area I wouldn't hesitate. Early season conditions!

Did see some spots where people went right through the standing corn to get to the trail....WTF!!!! The trail head was about 30 feet away. I don't get it.

Thanks Sled Dog! How long did it take you to do that trip? I have tomorrow off and I might follow your ride.

I live in a development near Harris and I just got back from a quick 20 mile ride. I concur, plenty of snow in the fields and decent coverage in the woods. Water holes aren't to bad. Compared to my ventures through Redfield last weekend my sled got a little bath in all the white snow, :-). No groomer has been through yet.

[!

Did see some spots where people went right through the standing corn to get to the trail....WTF!!!! The trail head was about 30 feet away. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah and neither do the farmers who own the land.That little stunt may have caused the closure of a corridor trail.Or at least maybe $500 out of the clubs pocket.How about if we offer $500 for the arrest and conviction of the ***hole who did it.When are these guys gonna wake up and stop the malicious acts?And oh yeah it happened last night,trail had been open maybe a few hours...way to go
    Last edited by WITEOUT; 12-22-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog
    Dropped at a friends house on Onondaga Hill. Got on the trail at Harris and Seneca tpk. Anyone who rides that knows how brutal that secondary can be. (S52) Trails were pretty snow covered though. There was some water holes but not too bad. Great for 12/22! Good snow coverage all the way to Song. Of course it was closed, it always seems to be when I go there! So we headed to Denny's. We were probably the 3rd or 4th sled on those trails. They have way less snow! I wouldn't recommend that area until they get more. The cornfield behind Denny's looks like it being harvested this week. The lady at the bar was nice though and fired up the fryers so we could have some tenders. The clubs have done a great job with some of the woods trails. Only saw about 6 sleds. No grooming that I could see has been done, but since this was opening day, that's to be expected. Freezing rain was very annoying also!!!!!

58 miles. Would have gone to the Moondance but had sled troubles. My secondary sled is not idling right. It runs perfect in the higher rpm's but you have to give it gas to keep it going when idling. Ran perfect for half the trip. I just cleaned the carbs on it. I guess I'll do it again. Any suggestions? It does have 11,000 miles on it so I think its getting tired!!

Anyways, anyone wanting to ride that area I wouldn't hesitate. Early season conditions!

Did see some spots where people went right through the standing corn to get to the trail....WTF!!!! The trail head was about 30 feet away. I don't get it.
    Your pilot jets are clogged.
    I see your playing stupid again... Looks like your winning too.

Don't you love nature, despite what it did to you?

Quote Originally Posted by jbspolaris
    Thanks Sled Dog! How long did it take you to do that trip? I have tomorrow off and I might follow your ride.

I live in a development near Harris and I just got back from a quick 20 mile ride. I concur, plenty of snow in the fields and decent coverage in the woods. Water holes aren't to bad. Compared to my ventures through Redfield last weekend my sled got a little bath in all the white snow, :-). No groomer has been through yet.

Probably about 3-4 hours. We stopped to eat and the freezing rain made it tough to see!! Funny though my helmet with heated shield would freeze over and my brothers would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sno Time
    Your pilot jets are clogged.

That's what I want to hear because I can clean them!!!

I agree with Sno Time, your pilots are most likely gummed up. I wouldn't bother cleaning them, just buy new ones. The hole is so small it's just too hard to clean, plus you have to be careful if you try putting something small through the hole as it could just make things worse.

Thanks for the report, I might head south from from Tanner Valley today.

Greg D. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog
    That's what I want to hear because I can clean them!!!
    Then drop 1/2 a bottle of Seafoam in it- Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Greg D.
    Then drop 1/2 a bottle of Seafoam in it- Good stuff
    Be sure to take the Seafoam outta da bottle....that bottle rattlin' around in the tank could be a distraction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast