Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cafe opens at Winona

Thumbs up Cafe opens at Winona

The Nordic Emporium (former Winona Lodge) at the corner of Rt 13 & Wart/ P1 Parking lot is now open. The cafe menu includes soup, sandwiches, chile, coffee & drinks. Free Wi-Fi is available and the store will sell a variety of skis, snowshoes, clothing, parts and accessories.

Jamie Wilson, owner, is a WFRA member. He will be the 'on the trail' club contact and have tshirts, memberships, maps etc available at the store.

Please stop by & welcome Jamie ... grab a cup of Jo or a bowl of soup and check out the store or visit online at www.nordicemporium.com

Winona trails: We lost most of our snowpack. The main trails did make it through without going totally bare in most locations but this was a big loss and we are basically starting all over again.
    Good news.....its snowing there now.

The Tucker will be going to Vermont this week for a complete overhaul and will be gone for 1 week. Grooming will be at a minimum if we get any decent snow.

Is this place snomobiler friendly, or will they prefer to do business with the Xcountry ski crowd? Not trying to start something, just wondering if we will be welcomed there...

Default Posted on Trail Conditions

The coffee and chili sound good

Default Snowmobiler friendly?

If they're selling parts and other snowmobiler related stuff...they have to smile at you regardless...just my opinion? Just start munching on granola's and complementing the Volvo dealer to all your friends around you about how they saved you money on that $465 oil change! Then you might change the image for all of us!
    Last edited by Mk-82; 01-04-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Quote Originally Posted by Coondog2707
    Is this place snomobiler friendly, or will they prefer to do business with the Xcountry ski crowd? Not trying to start something, just wondering if we will be welcomed there...
    Yes it will definitely be snowmobiler friendly. Jamie was asking what items would be good to stock in his store for snowmobilers ie: oil, plugs etc. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know and I will pass it along to him. Thanks

Default yes Carol...

please have them stock some snow.....it seems to be in short supply

Will they sell UC? Or maybe beer?

Quote Originally Posted by carol
    Yes it will definitely be snowmobiler friendly. Jamie was asking what items would be good to stock in his store for snowmobilers ie: oil, plugs etc. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know and I will pass it along to him. Thanks
    Carol,
    I hope there will be a public bathroom for snowmobilers to use. Not many of those on the snowmobile trail.
    Sincerely,
    RedCatGirl
    Driver of a 2012 F570 Arctic Cat
    Lover of RedCat Wine

Stage IV colorectal cancer survivor!

I can't wait to try the place out. Hope their chili is good!
    I see your playing stupid again... Looks like your winning too.

Don't you love nature, despite what it did to you?

Thumbs up

No hours on the web sight. Nice to see that place being used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast