Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Speed debate for a Blizzard 9500 (early 1980's)

Default Top Speed debate for a Blizzard 9500 (early 1980's)

I have had multiple discussions with my step-father regarding his early 1980's Ski-Doo Blizzard 9500. I know they were very fast sleds for that time era, however his claim of the sled doing over 140MPH "out of the box" seems absurb to me. I've researched the sled on Google and the fastest claimed speed was 100MPH.

Can someone with knowledge of this sled please enlighten me as too what the actual top speed was and any other useful information.

Thanks in advance.

Wink

Back in 1980 we had a 1979 Blizzard 9500 Ski-doo It would run around 95mph on the lake. We had alot of snow and worse trails back then. Noway did anything box stock run 140mph

Quote Originally Posted by wakjr
    I have had multiple discussions with my step-father regarding his early 1980's Ski-Doo Blizzard 9500. I know they were very fast sleds for that time era, however his claim of the sled doing over 140MPH "out of the box" seems absurb to me. I've researched the sled on Google and the fastest claimed speed was 100MPH.

Can someone with knowledge of this sled please enlighten me as too what the actual top speed was and any other useful information.

Thanks in advance.
    I had a brand new one back in 81 I believe. Fast for the day but the only time it ever hit 100 mph is when it fell out of the truck.

Thanks in advance.

Did your stepfather eat a lot of paint chips when he was a child?

I don't believe there were any sleds that were that fast "out of the box" back then. And, if there were, I doubt the suspensions from back then would really be up to it. That would be one wild ride.......

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps your stepfather is from Canada:

140 kph = 87 mph

That is probably more accurate...

I'd say 80 - 85 ws an accurate speed for those sleds but it may have felt like 140 the way you had to hold on

Thanks for the information.

Eating paint chips as a child, that's funny.... I think he still eats them now. You wouldn't believe the BS that comes out of his mouth. I just let him go with it, it's not worth getting into it with him.

I'd love to bring him to Cedar Pines and introduce him to Joe.... now that would be interesting. By the end of the conversation, Joe would be saying he found the missing nukes the FBI had him looking for on the moon and my step father would say he's already rode the sled there.

Just remember, the older we get, the faster we were!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRTX1000
    I'd say 80 - 85 ws an accurate speed for those sleds but it may have felt like 140 the way you had to hold on
    Yea my buddy sold me his enticer 340 and bought one of those .
    he rode it home from the dealer and it blew-up. He took it back and it came apart 2 more times that year..... Funney thing , the Enticer is still running,even after 3 kids got their wings on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast