Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winona forest

Default Winona forest

Has anybody ridden Winona? Looking for conditions on the trails up there to give a newbee (my grandaughter) a chance to get a taste for riding. Thanks for any replys.
    Ridge Riders
    "Ridge Riders Snowmobile Club" is now on facebook. Please stop by and give us a "like".
    Trail hounds
    Sno Riders
    B.C. Riders
    Trail Defender

Last night was in good shape for what we have, Great place for a child to get their feet wet.

I rode there Thursday and it was realyy pretty good. Might have survived, but I would expect heavier traffic than usual on saturday, only because there are very few places left that will be ridable!
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Thumbs up Brings a tear to my eye.....

We had planned to take the kid there today too for his first ride (on his own sled) but we changed that due to the lack of snow.
    Being the nervous mother that I am I was very hesitant to take him up north because of all the agressive riders that ram the trails like no one else is on them so we figured the Forest area was a good place to let him cut his teeth. He is so proud of himself for getting his Snowmobiling License. Not happening this weekend though.
    Hard to believe that he's old enough to ride by himself now.....1st time he went to Winonna, he was still riding comfortably in my tummy.....I rode until a few days before he was born, so it's no wonder he my sledding kid.
    At least when I take him up there this season, I won't have to stop and pee 2,000 times on the side of the trail.
    Just blame it on the janitor, why not? Everyone else does.

Yep CL, I rode Winona in December last year for the first time and liked the non-bar crowd pace. It was a plus to see the sled dog teams up there too. I would like her first ever ride on a sled to be smooth and slow paced.
    I ride with a beer belly, but could not imagine riding with a baby belly. LOL. Guess we will just have to wait for a little more snow.
    Ridge Riders
    "Ridge Riders Snowmobile Club" is now on facebook. Please stop by and give us a "like".
    Trail hounds
    Sno Riders
    B.C. Riders
    Trail Defender

Hey CL if next weekend looks good up thare you and ocwa man wanna take the kids a go up with my family? Would like to get my kid and wife out on thare new sleds
    Dying is easy living is hard. So take the hand delt to you and role with it and dont let anything stop you

Rode Winonna today, you should have gone. Trails were really not bad. It may also be decent tomorrow. We started at the hill but loaded up mid morning. Winonna was 10 times better. Hardly anyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbide Kid
    Rode Winonna today, you should have gone. Trails were really not bad. It may also be decent tomorrow. We started at the hill but loaded up mid morning. Winonna was 10 times better. Hardly anyone there.

Thanks for the report Carbide, it is darned if I do and darned if I dont. LOL. Glad you had a good time. Were there any sled dog teams be-boping around up there? It is pretty neet seeing them. I guess we are going to wait for a bit for more snow.
    Ridge Riders
    Trail hounds
    Sno Riders
    B.C. Riders
    Trail Defender

Quote Originally Posted by jack4cards
    Thanks for the report Carbide, it is darned if I do and darned if I dont. LOL. Glad you had a good time. Were there any sled dog teams be-boping around up there? It is pretty neet seeing them. I guess we are going to wait for a bit for more snow.

No sled dog teams but a few XC skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbide Kid
    No sled dog teams but a few XC skiers.
    Last year I was up there Mid-Dec. and there was a few sled-dog teams running around. But one team had a lot of dogs, and we came to find out it was a girl from Reading PA practicing for the Idetorad in Alaska. Pretty cool. * Have a great night and think snow.
    Ridge Riders
    Trail hounds
    Sno Riders
    B.C. Riders
    Trail Defender

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast