Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Propose NY deer hunting seasons 2011-2015

"Hunting accidents have decreased steadily for the past 50 years."
    That may be true but the News Media now makes big headlines out of any accident now a days.

As for Little Jimmy's post I don't trespass, don't ride off trails and I stop to clear trails off as I ride.
    Rules are made to be followed.
    Now if you don't let anyone drive on your land durn hunting season maybe PETA and the tree huggers can walk and do a deer drive for you. LOL

Must be the weather as everyone seems to be jumping down someones throat just for asking a question.

Default 1 Old Sleder

Quote Originally Posted by 1 OLD SLEDER
    Am I missing something??
    What does this have to do with TRAIL CONDITIONS????
    Should be posted on the NY tread. IMO
    Hey Old Sleder-
    Maybe I'm getting too sensitive in my old age.
    But I sensed some attitude here:
    "What does this have to do with TRAIL CONDITIONS????"

Capital letters and 4 question marks = attitude. No?

Ted
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a Convenience Store, not a Government Agency!

Greg D. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 46+
    Hey Old Sleder-

Ted

Ted,
    in today's PC lingo, capital letters usually are reference to one's yelling which combined with the many questions marks would lead me to believe it's attitude related, or maybe a hint of sarcasm?

Carry on........

Quote Originally Posted by 46+
    Hey Old Sleder-

Ted
    No just the way I type. I'm an old **** that is not up what and how the meaning of some typing means. Even my one son corrected me on this like Greg D did.
    Sorry you don't like it.
    No Harm was interned to any.
    There is on HCS, sites by States and this is what I've been referring to. Yes NY has a Trail Conditions site also.
    Just thought it would have been better for a lot more to see and read.
    Itís been a bad snow season so I guess we are all up tight. As I said Iím not from NY so Iím not educated on their hunting laws. Heck I canít keep up with PAís hunting laws as they too many seasons and limits.
    Just trying to understand all about NY and why it's so screwed up IMO.
    When I started going to NY each state (PA & NY) had reciprocity agreement for registration. Then it all went to hell. A fee for this a fee for that and so on. Hay I don't mind paying my fair share and hope the trails are taken care of. Yes I buy the OF permit each year and I have no problem with that as I know how and where to ride from there.
    Big thing now a days is the LACK OF RESPECT some have for land owners, the clubs and people that post on here.
    Seems everyone is ready to jump on the next guy for posting anything.
    Not sorry for my rant.

Quote Originally Posted by wamprider3
    Its going to suck to have to wait another week to ride sled

haha, the story of this winter, some winters it would make a difference but not this one

but on a serious note, if they want more deer harvested why don't they go to a shorter season?

i know it sounds strange but in PA it's a 2 week rifle season so the first 2 days and both saturdays people hunt hard no matter what the weather conditions are. I find that when I hunt NY i'm more picky about waiting for a day with decent weather or a day when i have everythign around the house done and no work, so i actually don't hunt as often or as hard because "there's more time, i'll go out next week sometime"

but on a serious note, if they want more deer harvested why don't they go to a shorter season?

More deer are harvested during a longer season, not shorter. This is due to the fact that there are hunters who hunt in two or more states, as the seasons in many states coincide with each other. It will allow hunters to put in more time in each state.

Personally, I don't mind the snowmobile season starting later as my family does hunt. The problem, which was previously stated in another post is the fact that the "window" of opportunity to prepare the trail system is closing due to the changes in dates.

Due to these changes, many clubs will now require more volunteers to prepare the trails quickly before the season starts or the trails will not be ready in many areas.
    Fir Na Dli

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet

More deer are harvested during a longer season, not shorter. This is due to the fact that there are hunters who hunt in two or more states, as the seasons in many states coincide with each other. It will allow hunters to put in more time in each state.

Personally, I don't mind the snowmobile season starting later as my family does hunt. The problem, which was previously stated in another post is the fact that the "window" of opportunity to prepare the trail system is closing due to the changes in dates.

Due to these changes, many clubs will now require more volunteers to prepare the trails quickly before the season starts or the trails will not be ready in many areas.
    And how do we get the bolded text to be reality??

Lengthen it the other way... earlier! And I AM A HUNTER AS WELL!! I got my 2 deer in 2 days this season. Hunting is in the woods, not in the lodge with a case of beer!!! lol
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28
    And how do we get the bolded text to be reality??

Lengthen it the other way... earlier! And I AM A HUNTER AS WELL!! I got my 2 deer in 2 days this season. Hunting is in the woods, not in the lodge with a case of beer!!! lol
    You can personally bring that matter to the floor during the forum. Our sport needs to cultivate our next generation so that it continues to grow and prosper. Maybe as a group, we can collectively come up with a solution so that having more active volunteers becomes a reality.

Now explain your last statement Mr. Rolf, are you calling me an alcoholic on a public forum when you don't even know me?
    Fir Na Dli

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123