Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go where there's snow!

Default Go where there's snow!

I'm dedicating this thread to all the late season riding opportunities... If you've got some favorites that you watch or have information on conditions, put'em out there for the rest of us to see.

Rode out of Bishop's Motel in Jackman, ME last year during the first week of March. Looks like they got 13" fresh snow and have good to excellent conditions. Hmmmm thinking it might be worth the drive again this year!

http://www.bishopsmotel.com/trailreport.html
    DooGuy007

2007 MXZ Blizzard 600 HO SDI
    2005 GSX Limited 600 HO SDI
    2000 Grand Touring 600
    1998 MXZ 500

Default Maine

We are going to patten maine on friday my buddy has a cabin there. There are nice cabins at a place called BOWLIN CAMPS its right on the trail system.The people are very nice there they had gas and served meals if u want. Very remote and out of way if thats what you are looking for. Local guy from sherman just called us and said they just got at least a foot of fresh snow and the riding was great .Im sure bowlin has a web site ,and i know they snow. This location is some of the best riding i have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by rumbelbee
    We are going to patten maine on friday my buddy has a cabin there. There are nice cabins at a place called BOWLIN CAMPS its right on the trail system.The people are very nice there they had gas and served meals if u want. Very remote and out of way if thats what you are looking for. Local guy from sherman just called us and said they just got at least a foot of fresh snow and the riding was great .Im sure bowlin has a web site ,and i know they snow. This location is some of the best riding i have ever done.
    been bear hunting in patten
    05 vector,05 venture

Cool Patten

Quote Originally Posted by YAMANUT
    been bear hunting in patten
    Must have been with blues outdoor adventures. I know duane . Did u hunt off the sherman lumber road behind the mill toward the sabois river.
    Last edited by rumbelbee; 02-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Yeah, I hunted whitetails north of Patten at Bear Mountain Lodge. In 2 years of hunting, I saw a total of 3 deer and killed a nice buck each year. I swore I never wanted to see another pine tree again.

Default Winter Storm Watch in Maine and New Hampshire

Calling for 6-10 inches again on Thursday... now does that make you want to load the truck and trailer or or what?

http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...revpage=mypage
    DooGuy007

2000 Grand Touring 600
    1998 MXZ 500

Default Snow Depth

Quote Originally Posted by DooGuy007
    Calling for 6-10 inches again on Thursday... now does that make you want to load the truck and trailer or or what?

The snow depth map just keeps changing up north cant wait to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by DooGuy007

the heck with just loading the truck and trailer I want to move up there.
    2011 gsx 600 etec - mine
    2011 gsx 600 etec - the wife's

Must have been with blues outdoor adventures. I know duane . Did u hunt off the sherman lumber road behind the mill toward the sabois river.
    no patten hunting lodge.bill finney guide.hunted 2 years there no bears.started hunting with pb guide service north and over on canada border great bear hunting,going back up this aug for another blackie
    05 vector,05 venture

Default Still riding in Northern Maine...

Today's warm temperatures in PA got the best of me! I just had to check to see how the conditions are up north. Based on this report, I'm thinkin' maybe... just maybe it's time pack the trailer and be on my way. If only it wasn't such a long drive!

http://www.crownofmaine.com/snowmobile-trail-report/
    DooGuy007

2000 Grand Touring 600
    1998 MXZ 500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast