Thread: jackman snow

Cool jackman snow

heading to jackman friday for a week. wondering what the snow is like. any info would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by renegade-x
    heading to jackman friday for a week. wondering what the snow is like. any info would be great!!
    Checkout bishop motel website and pittston farm website. Conditions should be prime.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by renegade-x
    Just came back last weekend from a week in Jackman. Unfortunately, they got the foot of snow after we left. With that said, the trails were great. Hats off to the groomers for what they were doing with what they had to work with. We left our cabin which was just north of jackman and rode North and East daily. Trails to Pittston Farms were like highways, from there down to Kakadjo (Moosehead Trail) was awesome. Little rough last 6 miles into town, but that should be fine now. Rockwood back via Route 66 was what dreams are made of! Eat at the Birches in Rockwood, great Buffet lunch. We went as far South as West Forks but avoided any further South due to reports of limited snow, not a problem now. If you want another great trail, take the Border Riders Trail up to Canada, mix of trail riding and wide open runs. Only other advice I can give is if you are staying in Jackman, take the lake trail to avoid the higher traveled trail into town, and nothing like a three mile run in the morning to clear the cobwebs. It was a 10 hour ride for us to get there, but would do it again in a second if my wallet permits! One other thing, lots of logging. Me and my son took a little trail 10 miles, only to run into a logging truck and had to backtrack. Saw the warning tape only when we got back to the turnoff. LOL. Anyway, still able to put on about 800 miles in 5 days.
    Last edited by explorer440; 03-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Cool jackman riding

thanks for the info.. didn't realize it was a 10hr drive..oh well, with any luck they got some snow from this latest storm although I think it stayed south of it..
    thanks again!!

Cool

Well a 10 hour drive from long island. Any snow they got could only make it better! Have a safe trip