Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: only 3 months late

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sunbury
    Posts
    546

    Default only 3 months late

    nobody probably wants it now, but its looking like the northern mountains, the laural highland and parts of New York state are in for a heavy wet snow sunday night and monday. of course all winter none of these storms the computers were forecasting 2-3 days out ever came true. but now that we're into late April I'm very confident this one will happen.
    2011 gsx 600 etec - mine
    2011 gsx 600 etec - the wife's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mckean county-Dukecenter,pa
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdskidoo
    nobody probably wants it now, but its looking like the northern mountains, the laural highland and parts of New York state are in for a heavy wet snow sunday night and monday. of course all winter none of these storms the computers were forecasting 2-3 days out ever came true. but now that we're into late April I'm very confident this one will happen.
    Yep, they have us under a Heavy snowfall warning up here already. i'll post riding pictures monday nite,lol...
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sunbury
    Posts
    546

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by pafirecat
    Yep, they have us under a Heavy snowfall warning up here already. i'll post riding pictures monday nite,lol...
    yep, should be a good start for establishing a good base.
    2011 gsx 600 etec - mine
    2011 gsx 600 etec - the wife's

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mckean county-Dukecenter,pa
    Posts
    817

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by kdskidoo
    yep, should be a good start for establishing a good base.
    Hopefully the groomers will be out,lol...
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    315

    Default

    ACCUMULATIONS...IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES...WITH UP TO ONE FOOT POSSIBLE ACROSS SOME OF THE HIGHER TERRAIN
    WTF! Who would have the thought the biggest storm of the season would be in late April?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mckean county-Dukecenter,pa
    Posts
    817

    Default

    A late season..Heavy and destructive snowstorm is possible sunday nite thru tuesday morning...there is a distinct threat for widespread downed tree's and power outages from the heavy snow and strong northerly winds.. Geez" i was just mowing my yard in a tee shirt and shorts yesterday.guess i took the plow off the 4-wheeler to soon...
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mckean county-Dukecenter,pa
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Last edited by pafirecat; 04-22-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sunbury
    Posts
    546

    Default

    hey firecat, be sure to post some pics of this historic late snow. that is if you have power. i've even heard amounts of 12-18" could fall out your way. I can't imagine the damage this is going to cause. here's the latest snow map from the NWS out of State College:

    http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ctp/features...p?tab=forecast
    Last edited by kdskidoo; 04-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    2011 gsx 600 etec - mine
    2011 gsx 600 etec - the wife's

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mckean county-Dukecenter,pa
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdskidoo
    hey firecat, be sure to post some pics of this historic late snow. that is if you have power. i've even heard amounts of 12-18" could fall out your way. I can't imagine the damage this is going to cause.
    Will do" should be a fun ride to work tommorrow. i have the oil lamps, candles and flash lights ready just in case...probaly take my chainsaw with me on my way to work in the morn. wouldnt be the first time i had to cut my way to bradford,lol..
    The SURGEON GENERAL never said anything about SMOKIN your friends

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    spring grove,pa
    Posts
    432

    Smile

    thunder chickens will love this. will be up in tioga on thurs hope it melts till then.cant believe i said that i hope it melts.
    05 vector,05 venture

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •