Thread: Diamond Pond look May 4 th.

Default Diamond Pond look May 4 th.

All signs of winter are gone!Normally ice would not be out yet.Down in Mass 85% summer time look with flowers and trees in full bloom.Here,not a leaf yet and a dreary wet bare tree look as rain falls.The road has been put in excelent shape graded and rolled.Good for the rest of the year.The slow spring time happens and its not till Memorial day that leaves begin to show and grass needs to be cut.Then by June an explosion of summertime green and Black flies.Certainly one hopes the coming winter will see a return of winter as we know it.Till then the short summer is soon to begin.The news this summer is a significant effort to link locations in Northern N.H. with ATV trails.While there has never been a push to extend ATV travel to Diamond Pond efforts seem to be happening to perhaps change that.Other wise a rainy cool day.Off to get the car inspected.Will we see the SUN?

Default Saturday look changes soon

Pea soup fog early A.M.but a strong N.W. wind across the pond means a change in the weather.Indeed temp is now down to 38 with a significant wind chill.Efforts to get things done this weekend hope for clearing.For me still recovering from this winters near fatal accident.Cardio rehab has restored much in the way of physical well being.However perhaps 40+ years of snowmobiling has left me with severe spinal stenosis and walking now is difficult.Am trying a controversial recovery effort with a decompression table a DRX 9000.So far 15 sessions and no change.While many have been helped by the procedure others find it of no help.Simple walking is now nearly impossible.While I was there to help with the SDR Coleman clean up last year,this season no chance even being able to stand up for the few hours necessary much less do any thing.No chance to continue with any sporting fun unless I am sitting down.So that leaves only one thing left for fun SNOWMOBILING!!!!!Wish trails and sleds were as good as they now are and likely could rule out snowmobilinjg as being responsabile for my stenosis.However 20 + years ago one trip down the Keith Haynes trail and spinal stenosis was almost a guarantee!!!Well now I am paying for it!Summer time soon up here.

Cool Sun!!

4 P.M.Saturday and nearly complete clearing.Almost a November look and feel as bare trees choppy waves on the pond air temp only 44 wind chill low to mid thirties.Probably below 32 tonight.North country news is the renovation of the Balsams may NOT happen as they have run into an environmental problem with the town of Colebrook and everything has stopped except for an ultimate auction next weekend where every thing at the hotel will be for sale.Also a ski lift at the ski area also for sale.Northern pass still buying up property.The good news, passing by Coleman state park this A.M.SDR club members had done a fine job cleaning up the camp ground.Also was nice to see a healthy volunteer turn out as many more volunteers on site this season than last.Next time up trees will be ready to burst in leaf and get ready for Memorial day.