Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Williamson/Sodus Area

Default Williamson/Sodus Area

Looking to go riding this weekend and don't feel like driving to the hill. How is the riding in the Williamson/Sodus area and where can I drop? Thanks for the info.

Link to the SnowDevils site from Monday...

http://www.snowdevils.net/board/inde...9&topic=1404.0

Default Williamson/Sodus Area

Quote Originally Posted by RevScott View Post
    Link to the SnowDevils site from Monday...

http://www.snowdevils.net/board/inde...9&topic=1404.0
    I looked online and was wondering if there any newer reports as I have heard they have been getting snow the last few days? Where can I drop?

Williamson/Sodus has been getting snow, that light fluffy stuff, Williamson has been out grooming not sure about lakeshore. The trails are starting to set up ok. There are a couple of open fields that are a little bumpy (haven't been out lately to see) though. You can park behind the Burger King in Williamson (tractor trailer parking) or drive out to the other side of Sodus to 414/104 parking area. but this weekend it could be full.

Cool

I live in Williamson, and I would say we have around a foot of snow with up to 8" coming overnight. I plan on going out tomorrow, 1/2 day of work..

Default Williamson/Sodus

Quote Originally Posted by us2halls View Post
    I live in Williamson, and I would say we have around a foot of snow with up to 8" coming overnight. I plan on going out tomorrow, 1/2 day of work..
    Thanks for all the replies sounds like the riding in this area should be good thru the weekend.

Williamson Driftriders will be having there vintage ride this Sunday stop by the groomer barn around noon we will be grilling some hotdogs and check out the old sleds!

Barn is located on corner of lake and centenary rd in Sodus right on the C4W trail

WANTA RIDE IN IT SEE THE LINK FOR DETAILS

http://www.driftriders.com/phpBB2/vi...hp?p=2342#2342
    Mark Barnes
    Current Williamson Driftriders President
    2014/15 member of Webster Ridge Runners, Inc. , Williamson Driftriders.

VINTAGE SLEDS THE CASH COW OF THE NYS TRAIL SYSTEM!

Can I get to the trail from bearswamp and brasser rd

Default report from today

Rode from Walworth to Sodus & back today. Good wings at the Franklin House. Started out kinda thin but quite rideable at Carey Lake end, just no base but didn't care. Got better and better the closer to lake we got but you had to be careful on turns (ice) and some fields had snow blown away (rutted) , other fields were as good as it ever gets. Great FUN. Love those RED stakes in Williamson! Stopped at WDR barn and talked to the two guys custom building a new drag with 8 foot wide curved HDPE snow packer setup. They need to take a break and get a ride in, but they were havn fun. On the way home it had degraded a LOT needing more snow and turns were to be respected (unless you had training wheels) and many sections were like Twiggy in a bikini after a mud wrestling contest. It will be better tomorrow if we get some snow tonight and I know there are whiteouts going on in places at the moment. Thanks to Williamson - you delivered again. RED stakes are nice. Definately worth the ride today. Club picnic in WRR tomorrow! Ride in.

Hey Tf18 - why not park at Carey Lake? Theres only enough room for 100 trailers though and there are usually 5.
    Last edited by Polarizer; 01-25-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Did the same route today. I do like those flourescent colored stakes Williamson uses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast