Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay Off The Roof!!!

Default Stay Off The Roof!!!

The part of the roof that looks white is actually new metal roofing that the owners put on a couple of weeks ago. The old roofing was damaged by sleds last season riding on the snow drift that builds up there. The runners tore up some of the edges and the studs poked holes in the roof. Show a little respect for somebody else's property. I talked with the owners while they were doing the repairs and offered them use of our tree stand across the road to sit in and wait for somebody to ride across and they could shoot em.... we call that Tug Hill justice!

Absolutely sickening what people will do to others property when they think they can get away with it. I have an idea that may work I would be glad to share. Pm me.
    "Persistent Violator"

Would a snow fence and a "you are under surveillance" sign work? I cant imagine someone riding a sled on someone's roof. I just don't get the thrill in that.

I saw the tracks on that barn ......my BLOOD BOILED ..temper shot through the roof(no pun) and it wrecked the rest of my ride --- the dam disrespectful nature of this type of thing gets me every time. how do these people never get caught???

What road is that on? and is that just a barn or are there living quarters there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadJimbo View Post
    What road is that on? and is that just a barn or are there living quarters there as well?
    Doesn't matter if anyone lives in it
    It's total LACK OF RESPECT
    Ride on the MARKED trails

Another reason why I'm giving up on this sport
    "live-long-and-prosper"

Leonard Nimoy
    March 26, 1931
    February 27, 2015
    U.S. Army Reserve, 1953-1955, Sergeant

what a terd

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Absolutely sickening what people will do to others property when they think they can get away with it. I have an idea that may work I would be glad to share. Pm me.
    I can't believe people would do this! I hope those people stay up there us flatlanders don't need that.
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadJimbo View Post
    It's on the Parkers Corner Rd where it intersects with the Flat Rock Road. This building is used as a camp and inside storage area for Sleds & Atv's.

In addition to sleds on the roof it has another very distinguishing feature. There is an actual stream (approx. 12" to 18" wide) which runs directly across the road and under the barn amount right in the middle of the building. Look again at the pic and you will see an area directly in front of the window which has less snow that the rest of the area...that's where the stream is.

Better yet go to google earth and take a look. In the past the BCSP's has tried to plow up a berm however with that stream there we have to be careful that we do not fall through the surface of that stream with one side of the groomer and tilt the whole groomer into the side and face of that building and roof. At one point they had some long poles that were stuck in the snow along the roof line of the building. That seemed to help. The building has switched hands in the past couple years and the poles are no longer placed there.

GG

That's the same thing I believe that happened on Gallo road coming out of Redfield, sleds riding over camps, got that trail shut down 8+ years ago, never to open again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast