Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stokes/North Rome/Lee trail C7 snow report

Post Stokes/North Rome/Lee trail C7 snow report

As of last night (1/5/15) at 8PM on Stokes Hill we had about 10" of powder on the tonnau cover of my truck behind the garage and about 12" in the driveway out front. At 6AM today (1/6/15) walking trail C7 at Lee Town park, there had been a fair amount of sled traffic last night and in the woods where the riders were cow-pathing it was slightly packed and also spun down to the ground in places. In the corn field where traffic was spread out a bit more it wasn't really packed at all, it was still very soft and fluffy powder even where multiple sleds had compacted it somewhat. Mud puddles seemed to be frozen over.

Where the non-trail is up the power lines to the park there had been more traffic than on the actual woods trail itself, so that was pretty nicely packed about 2 sled widths, made for easier walking.
    Bob

West Rome Riders
    Trailbusters

Ride Right!

Default 1/7/15 report

An inch or two of new snow fell overnight on Stokes hill and as of 6AM today trail C7 by the park appeared to have had a few more sleds on it last night which is now helping to pack it down somewhat in the woods sections but out in the corn field people are pretty much just riding on the east half of the widely double staked trail, so traffic is spread out enough that it is not really firming up the base much and the west half of the trail is still powder. The trail through the woods south of the park itself is still being cow-pathed so it is mostly 1-2 sled widths is all but that narrow section is packed fairly well.
    Bob

West Rome Riders
    Trailbusters

Ride Right!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanRider View Post
    An inch or two of new snow fell overnight on Stokes hill and as of 6AM today trail C7 by the park appeared to have had a few more sleds on it last night which is now helping to pack it down somewhat in the woods sections but out in the corn field people are pretty much just riding on the east half of the widely double staked trail, so traffic is spread out enough that it is not really firming up the base much and the west half of the trail is still powder. The trail through the woods south of the park itself is still being cow-pathed so it is mostly 1-2 sled widths is all but that narrow section is packed fairly well.
    Trailbusters groomer is out on that trail this morning, going to Stokes-Lee Center-Beeches-Camroden, Trail C7, C4H, C7D. Last night groomer went north to West Leyden and Point Rock (Trails C7, C4, C4A, C4I).

Groomer only went to Lee Center (C4H) and back to groomer barn. Problem with heater.

Anyone ride this area today? Any updates would be greatly appreciated

I rode from from Westernville up to West Lyden this afternoon. Was panned last night before we got the snow early this morning. For the most part it was not too bad. Worst part was just after where the Penn Mt trail intersects with the Lee Center club trails up by Whaley rd. There were a few water and mud holes in the woods after the intersection as you head north. I did not head down towards Stokes, so I don't know how it was going South. Other then that the trails were pretty good. I see there is a new section of trail about two miles South of West Lyden when you are East of Rt. 26

Default 1/8/15 report

At 6AM it was a crisp -15 and mostly clear with a slight snow dust falling making nice light spires. Trees were popping loudly and my eyelashes were freezing together. As XC05 mentioned groomer had to turn around so last night I could see groomer marks in the field by Stewart's but I don't think they made it down to the park as I could see no groomer marks. The trail is setting up pretty good now although still a couple of softer snow spots in the corn lot. Seems that a decent base is forming but now could use more snow and also for riders to move to the right a little more to pack down more of the trail.

Driving to work today I took Elmer Hill Rd and where the trail crosses it was much thinner snow there and grass was showing in spots. Perhaps it was wind-swept there.
    Bob

West Rome Riders
    Trailbusters

Ride Right!

Took tomorow off because can't ride this weekend just want to know if anyone had rode in Rome and has another update on all the trails in this area. Not sure if I want to truck it north a little or just ride out of Rome. Any info would be greatly appreciated , and all the responses have been great on here. Thanks people .

Thumbs up 1/14/15 report

Monday a few more inches of snow fell, maybe 4" or so. Traffic has been increasing and also riding wider on the trails so a decent base seems to be forming although it is still a bit thin in the woods. This morning walking the length of the corn field I did not come across any rocks kicked up so it seems to be shaping up. Now more snow would be good.

Also as of last night about 9:30 I could tell that West Rome Riders groomer had been out on the trail along Potter Rd. by the Beeches, and as of this morning when I could see it in daylight it looked smooth as glass, but I expect there are very thin spots.
    Bob

West Rome Riders
    Trailbusters

Ride Right!

Thumbs up 1/16/15, freshly groomed

At 6AM a little less than an inch of new snow had fallen. Trailbusters groomer went out yesterday or last night, the trail was sweet, flat, and groomed nice and wide.
    Bob

West Rome Riders
    Trailbusters

Ride Right!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast