Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonlight Riders Trail S74 Needs Help

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer View Post
    If the messenger read the clubs pages where the info is at he would have known before he rode.
    Yea I'm sure you micro research every area you ride also?

What's the excuse for the signage superhero?

Default Show me where

If the messenger read the clubs pages where the info is at he would have known before he rode.

We did check all the clubs pages Saturday around 8am before planning our ride and this was the only recent comment (8:31am):

Late afternoon on Thursday one of our groomers blew out a track. Rich Walker, Jason Griffin and John Edick worked until 11:00 pm retrieving the machine. Hats off to these guys. It is a difficult job to begin with and making it more difficult was the brutally cold weather.
    They are currently rebuilding the track and also repairing a track on another machine.

below is the most recent post (3:45pm Saturday) with comments on the facebook page:

Moonlight Riders Snowmobile Club: This is the track that broke Thursday night in Georgetown, leading to a late night retrieval/rescue by Jason Griffin and Prez. John Edick, rescuing Rich Walker and the Bombie 180

Moonlight Riders Snowmobile Club: All of our operators have had extensive experience operating trucks, or farm or construction equipment; it takes lots of skill, caution, and experience operating these groomers in brutal conditions

Mark Sharky: How long is the machine down?

Moonlight Riders Snowmobile Club: They should have it up and running soon; this is why we have three groomers!!

Mark Sharky: Thank you for all you do!

Andrea Mark Schmidt: They can test one out on S-74 to Earlville, it's getting really really rough. Enjoyed tooling around in your neighborhood today guys, keep up the good work!

Charles Farmer: I second that!! S74 is 2-3 foot moguls. Also could use more signage.

Moonlight Riders Snowmobile Club Understood, and we will get on that as soon as we can. On trail conditions I saw a complaint about the trail coming out of Gtown headed north; for years we have had a noose around our necks in the Georgetown area , due to extremely restrictive landown...See More

Moonlight Riders Snowmobile Club: Pain in the butt, damn autocorrect!

Please show me how anyone is to read this post and magically figure out which trails this groomer grooms or which trails will be in bad shape? In their comments they state that this the reason they have three groomers. If they have time to post this they could have put a short note that trail S74 is not being groomed or use caution on trail, etc....
    Last edited by Pharsalia570; 02-15-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Well it sounds to me like there's a few problems with this trail by more than a few people. And a few others need some thicker skin. Shooting the messenger doesn't cure the message does it?

Isn't the machine with track problems the one you guys got from Trackside? Who lowered the price because the tracks were whipped? If so sounds like it could have been avoided.
    You are correct, Dick that is the same machine and we did put new belts on. I'm not sure what caused the failure this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CNY Doo Guy View Post
    A little preventative maintenance goes a long way.
    mabe the long way part just expired; mabe they got an extra two years out of that track; mabe it was run too early in the season when there wasnt enough snow and they got sick of listening to the bashers so they went out anyway
    its obvious some of the complainers are clueless as I read their post. clubs have signs ;some one just has to help put them up but some clubs have members that just join just for the voucher; which to me is a croc; 8 hrs a year wouldn't kill anyone to help out. no excuses! 8hrs out of a year is asking very little!
    Last edited by old jerry; 02-16-2015 at 08:07 AM.
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by trailgrunt View Post
    You are correct, Dick that is the same machine and we did put new belts on. I'm not sure what caused the failure this time.
    I understood the tracks to be whopped, not just belting. Cleats and guides ok? Alignment issues, stumps or just bad luck?

its obvious some of the complainers are clueless as I read their post. clubs have signs ;some one just has to help put them up but some clubs have members that just join just for the voucher; which to me is a croc; 8 hrs a year wouldn't kill anyone to help out. no excuses! 8hrs out of a year is asking very little!
    Now does it really make sense to help a club when you only ride their system once or twice a year? If you dont like the fact that not everyone helps with your club then quit whatever high and mighty position you have and do something else with your time

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaharider View Post
    Now does it really make sense to help a club when you only ride their system once or twice a year? If you dont like the fact that not everyone helps with your club then quit whatever high and mighty position you have and do something else with your time
    To the first part - No I wouldn't think that someone should go out of their way to help a club who's trails they only ride a couple times a year.
    But everyone should help at least one club where they ride frequently for at least a day a year. Do you do that?

On the second part, be careful what you wish for.
    From what I have seen, many of those who get called out for *****ing about the lack of help and calling a spade a spade on this site are also the ones who are getting the most done for their clubs and trails.

Superhero I am not Roady. I pose as one either. So I don't have an answer. Haven't had an opportunity to ride the clubs trails all season.

I do micro research ever area I ride. Why wpudnt you want to be informed before you go. I communicate with most of the local clubs, if I am staying somewhere I ask the place I'm staying for info. Get on the towns web page for local info about riding in town. Talk to the locals of an area to get the good info. And I don't complain when I hit some rough trail. It's called snowmobiling.

And I don't complain when I hit some rough trail. It's called snowmobiling.
    Ha Ha Ha! Agreed!!

Superhero I am not Roady. I pose as one either. So I don't have an answer. Haven't had an opportunity to ride the clubs trails all season.

I do micro research ever area I ride. Why wpudnt you want to be informed before you go. I communicate with most of the local clubs, if I am staying somewhere I ask the place I'm staying for info. Get on the towns web page for local info about riding in town. Talk to the locals of an area to get the good info. And I don't complain when I hit some rough trail. It's called snowmobiling.
    So you haven't rode it either but passed judgement despite three complaints? Yea you're a superhero!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast