Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 75 of 75

Thread: Moonlight Riders Trail S74 Needs Help

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cato ny
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Or just let a neighboring club who's more capable take care of it. Unfortunately most clubs don't want to give up mileage even when they can't take care of it. It's all the $$$$$$$$$$!
    What makes you think a neighboring club would even want to take on more trails ? I believe most clubs have a hard enough time getting help to maintain the trail they have.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    This may be a news flash for you Loner , clubs having problems getting help isn't limited to just this club. It's a statewide thing and really there isn't an answer or solution as more of the older crowd is getting burnt out. It's becoming too high priced and too Bling. And neither has anything to do with getting people to help. Clubs need to find a way or start making cuts... or are we just supposed to wait x amount of seasons until they do get adequate help , all the while riding on their junk trails that aren't groomed. Like Roady said as long as checks get cashed who really give a rip. It's been said and proven that the easy button is the answer for NYSSA, and Parks. The state is its own worst enemy here and until it gets fixed this will unfortunately be the results.
    Your preaching to the wrong one my friend. I am one of the older crowd you speak of. When you have a 600 member base and 12 people are doing all the work yes there is something is wrong. It's not as easy as it use to be when your dealing with 10s of thousands of dollars you have to run your club like a business . I did find out what the problem is with this club and it looks like it's two of the things I mentioned. Some of our leaders don't know what it means to go above and beyond what there job is they do nothing more and nothing less.
    Our motto when I was in the service was all the way and then some and I still try to live that.
    Last edited by Loner 618; 03-26-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    What makes you think a neighboring club would even want to take on more trails ? I believe most clubs have a hard enough time getting help to maintain the trail they have.
    What makes you believe that they wouldn't want to take it over? I don't know that I agree with the statement that most clubs have a hard time getting enough help. I don't believe that most of the clubs in the state are represented on this forum. I would consider it to be a highly vocal minority.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    What makes you believe that they wouldn't want to take it over? I don't know that I agree with the statement that most clubs have a hard time getting enough help. I don't believe that most of the clubs in the state are represented on this forum. I would consider it to be a highly vocal minority.
    I have yet to hear from or about a even a single club who has enough or more than enough help.
    Are you invved in a club who has plenty of help and is looking for more work to do?

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    I have yet to hear from or about a even a single club who has enough or more than enough help.
    Are you invved in a club who has plenty of help and is looking for more work to do?
    The urban and metro areas seem to have plenty of help especially when it comes to grooming.
    We need to look at a two tiered system closer. Yes we already have one but it needs to go further.
    Sure it would be a PIA to determine who works and who doesn't. Maybe allot each club so many free memeberships for the worker bees based on mileage and location and raise the rest along with raising the membership fees. This problem
    Isn't getting any better and won't fix itself.
    Remember the only was to boost membership was to join or else pay more.

    One obvious observation is the masses have no time to help but always have time to ride.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •