Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kasoag trailblazers trail report

Cool

Jim and I just groomed from altmar over to Williamstown on our new trail. From there we met up with mike in the williamstown groomer doing there side of happy valley. We then went through happy valley back to altmar. Snowpacker and Jeff were out earlier and groomed south shore trail. There are a few minor water spots but trails are pretty good shape. Get out there and get some !!

50 hours grooming. 0 sled miles. About 20 miles in my tracked 6 wheeler tho😎

Juiced 10 and I just got done grooming from altmar through happy valley to Williamstown and back. We did a lot of trimming between stone hill rd and rt13. Only 1 guy helped throw branches out of probably 60 sleds that stopped and watched us. Most just sat on there sleds and watched. I'm a dick so I made some of them wait 15-20 minutes while We were clearing brush In a whiteout. Get out there and get some !

55 hours grooming. 0 sled miles. 20ish miles on my tracked 6 wheeler

Williamstown groomer was out last night groomer all local trails after temps dropped below 30 degrees. Jeff H and Mike W groomed town, Kasoag area and up Stone Hill into Happy Valley. Snopacker groomed Maple Hill C4 and Camden trail c4M. This afternoon we will be out grooming up C5 to the South Shore of the REZ.
    The Altmar groomer will be out tonight on their trails. Don't forget, we have our Poker Run this Saturday at Buck's Restaurant, Chicken BQ, etc. Drawings start at 3pm. Get your card stamp at local businesses in the area.

SnoPacker

SnoPacker and Jeff H were out grooming the Williamstown Trails Monday PM and Jack / Tesha were out in the Altmar groomer and did all of the Altmar Trails down through Happy Valley, etc. We did not groom up to the REZ last night on C5, we will hit this trail as soon as the temps drop below freezing. We got tied up Monday night with landowners putting up additional No Snowmobiling signs due to dumb disrespectful sledders that caused property damage on Saturday night. If you see stupid stuff, step up and challenge them.

SnoPacker Grooming 81 hrs, On sled 0 hrs.

SnoPacker and Jeff H groomed from Williamstown to Kasoag and then on up C5 South Shore Trail to the Reservoir Turnaround and back. Tonight Jim S and Carl F are out grooming all other Williamstown Trails: Stone Hill to Happy Valley, C4 Maple Hill Trail and Local Town Trails.
    Jack B and Tesha have the Altmar Groomer out and are grooming all of the Altmar Trails tonight including Happy Valley area. Plenty of snow out there, no water hole issues on the Kasoag Trails.

I just got done grooming the south shore trail to Redfield. All the waterholes are frozen up good. The trails are in good shape all trails have been done in the last 24 hours. The williamstown groomer is out tonight (2/17) also. There is a ton of sleds out tonight

84 hrs grooming. 0 sled miles.

Default Groomer down on Kasoag C5 Trail use caution!

We have a groomer down on C5 approx 1500 ft in off Co RT 30 with hydrolic drive problems.
    Use caution on this trail, we are currently working on it.

Trail & Groomer Update. Jack & Tesha were out grooming on Saturday Night and did all the Altmar Trails. Sunday Morning SnoPacker and Jim S started out with the Williamstown Groomer at 3:30 AM. Groomed C4 Maple Hill Trail, Williamstown Trails and up Stone Hill Rd into Happly Valley. Lots of Sled traffic on our trails Saturday and Sunday, they got hammered. We had our Altmar groomer come down and pull the Williamstown groomer out to Co. Rt 30 on Trail C5 at 5:30 PM Sunday night. The groomer went down on the trail approx 1500 ft off Ct. Rt 30 at 10 AM. It could not be repaired on the trail after multiple calls to our Tech Rep. Apparently a hydraulic problem with the left Track drive. This morning it was picked up on a Roll Back Truck and delivered to our Williamstown Maintenance facility. A big Thank You to Craig and Brian Parker for providing the roll back truck to haul this large groomer to Williamstown! We are currently working on the repair. The temps are not looking good this week for grooming and snowmobiling, snow is starting to disappear with dirt and tar showing in some areas. Our other too groomers are fine, we just need colder temps and snow!! Will post pictures of the Groomer pick up from the trail on our Facebook Page...KasoagTrailblazers.

SnoPacker

Monday afternoon,The Altmar Groomer, John P was out grooming C5 trail from Altmar to South Shore Trail up to the REZ. Then Jack & Tesha were out Monday night grooming Altmar Trails and also down through Happy Valley and Stone Hill Trail to Williamstown. Two of our members worked 4 hrs Monday repairing the Williamstown Groomer. Problem identified and we are getting parts at the Piston Bully dealer this morning. Not looking good weather wise later this week, temps range from 47 to 59 degrees with rain forecasted Thur thru Sat. Then cold weather returns.

SnoPacker

I just got done grooming from altmar over to Williamstown then up maple hill to Ohara rd and back. Maple hill was horrible. We had to get the corners and everything knocked down before the rain just in case we get more snow. The guys were working on the Williamstown groomer today I don't think that it is ready to go yet.i groomed the south shore trail last night then jack groomed until early this morning. I'm not sure what the rain is gonna do to the trails. We need more snow.

96 hours grooming. 1 sled mile

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast