Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Pulaski-Boylston Trail Reports~

Default ~Pulaski-Boylston Trail Reports~

2/14/2017
    Groomer operators have been working to get trails in good shape, this has put a strain on the maintenance crew to keep equipment operating (hats off to these guys who work so hard for us and you).
    Yesterday Brian W. was able to fill the water holes on the C5A south of Pulaski to the Albion cross road turn around . Hope this freezes in solid for the year. Teana has groomed C5A from the barn North, then out to Sandy Pond & Miller Road. Section from Rt. 11 to Mckibben road needs to be done, But from there the ride should be pretty good all the way to Redfields trail at the top of Little John Dr. Bice Rd. was groomed early yesterday 2/13/17. Enjoy your ride, be safe
    Teana Goudy
    11 North Bar & Grill
    Located on trail C5A in Pulaski

Quote Originally Posted by 11NorthBar&Grill View Post
    2/14/2017
    Groomer operators have been working to get trails in good shape, this has put a strain on the maintenance crew to keep equipment operating (hats off to these guys who work so hard for us and you).
    Yesterday Brian W. was able to fill the water holes on the C5A south of Pulaski to the Albion cross road turn around . Hope this freezes in solid for the year. Teana has groomed C5A from the barn North, then out to Sandy Pond & Miller Road. Section from Rt. 11 to Mckibben road needs to be done, But from there the ride should be pretty good all the way to Redfields trail at the top of Little John Dr. Bice Rd. was groomed early yesterday 2/13/17. Enjoy your ride, be safe
    We've had some equipment problems but we are getting there. On the P.B. the dip stick for the oil broke and there is no way to check the oil so I don't want it to role till we get a new one. I'm driving down to Mohawk to get it today so we should be grooming on the hill soon. The 08 tucker had some wheel problems but thanks to T.C. riders it's up and going. CLUBS WORKING TOGETHER can't be any thing better thanks again T.C. for your help. Our 01 tucker track clip problems and the 95 tucker still the tranny.
    Last edited by Loner 618; 02-15-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    We've had some equipment problems but we are getting there. On the P.B. the dip stick for the oil broke and there is no way to check the oil so I don't want it to role till we get a new one. I'm driving down to Mohawk to get it today so we should be grooming on the hill soon. The 08 tucker had some wheel problems but thanks to T.C. riders it's up and going. CLUBS WORKING TOGETHER can't be any thing better thanks again T.C. for your help. Our 01 tucker track clip problems and the 95 tucker still the tranny.
    The 08 Tucker fixed and should be heading back up on the hill,the 01 tucker fixed and should be grooming around Pulaski the 95 Tucker fixed and that to will be grooming around Pulaski the P.B. should have the part today. Tried a Trail Paver yesterday behind the 08 Tucker and all I can say is WOW. Thanks to all that worked to get equipment up and running.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Where did you get the trail paver drag to try?
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

The 08 Tucker fixed and should be heading back up on the hill,the 01 tucker fixed and should be grooming around Pulaski the 95 Tucker fixed and that to will be grooming around Pulaski the P.B. should have the part today. Tried a Trail Paver yesterday behind the 08 Tucker and all I can say is WOW. Thanks to all that worked to get equipment up and running.
    Is the Trail Paver what the club tested about 5 years ago on Blount Mills road?
    Thanks Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Doo-Man42 View Post
    Is the Trail Paver what the club tested about 5 years ago on Blount Mills road?
    Thanks Chuck
    this may be similar to those tested on the hill; i'm understanding this one was just built with an adjustable pan. its supposed to handle wet snow better in warmer conditions! I'm still old fashon; if we are grooming in warm temps; we are grooming for the first 10 sleds behind the groomer! if its not atleast in the low 20F 's the trails won't set up; so mother nature is still the boss! temps on the hill are usually cold enough; guys been grooming like crazy! is it really the drag; mabe the operators going to fast or mabe we should wait for the right temps and save on repairs and fuel?
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    this may be similar to those tested on the hill; i'm understanding this one was just built with an adjustable pan. its supposed to handle wet snow better in warmer conditions! I'm still old fashon; if we are grooming in warm temps; we are grooming for the first 10 sleds behind the groomer! if its not atleast in the low 20F 's the trails won't set up; so mother nature is still the boss! temps on the hill are usually cold enough; guys been grooming like crazy! is it really the drag; mabe the operators going to fast or mabe we should wait for the right temps and save on repairs and fuel?
    Sometimes you just have to accept new technology. I understand that it's hard for old dogs to learn new tricks. I'm sure that the first groomer that you ever used was probably a box spring with baling twine for a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    this may be similar to those tested on the hill; i'm understanding this one was just built with an adjustable pan. Its supposed to handle wet snow better in warmer conditions! I'm still old fashon; if we are grooming in warm temps; we are grooming for the first 10 sleds behind the groomer! If its not atleast in the low 20f 's the trails won't set up; so mother nature is still the boss! Temps on the hill are usually cold enough; guys been grooming like crazy! Is it really the drag; mabe the operators going to fast or mabe we should wait for the right temps and save on repairs and fuel?
    sent you a pm or two
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

What wheel problems did you have with the Tucker?
    Idler rubber or bearings?

Default C5A waterhole

big waterhole on C5A between Altmar and Pulaski, about a mile or 2 past the powerlines going towards Pulaski; found a abandoned buried sled trying to get around it yesterday morning , I suggest riders find an alternate route.
    Formerly "Middle Aged Sled Guy":

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast