Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Want more Law Enforcement on the trails??

Make the calls....takes a few minutes of your time and let LE know that we want them there. As it stands now, they get no complaints....the more we call the more presence we will see. Talked to an officer out of the park police today.....they get no calls, they have reduced the number of officers who patrol, they know there is a problem but they don't have the manpower to do what they know they need to do.... they want/need to hear from US if we want to see more enforcement.

One thing we discussed was the presence several years ago when you would have them hiding in the woods with radar, more patrol riding the trails.....he admitted that the number of accidents, speeding, dui offenses were drastically reduced ....he agrees that LE presence worked then.....and now, without that presence, it is out of control again!

Make the calls....let's make the trails safe(r) again. We owe it to ourselves, our families and the sport to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    anyone on board and making these calls???

i made 5 calls today, i will be calling more tomorrow. Like i said in previous message everyone needs to hammer the phones this week
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Anyone on board and making these calls???
    Carol, Did you call the Oswego co sheriff ? I will call the ones you posted that I didnt call today. Call Margaret if you didnt already, You will get her VM But she will get back to you, She sounds willing to help and will bring up our concerns at a meeting THIS WEEK. SO EVERYONE ON HERE SHOULD CALL THIS LEGISLATURE THIS WEEK !!!!!! AGAIN HER NAME AND NUMBER IS MARGARET KASTLER 315-387-5209 1ST DISTRICT , THAT COVERS SANDY CREEK, REDFIELD AND BOYLSTON AREAS.

Quote Originally Posted by TODDLB View Post
    Carol, Did you call the Oswego co sheriff ?
    I will call the ones you posted that I didnt call today. Call Margaret if you didnt already, You will get her VM But she will get back to you, She sounds willing to help and will bring up our concerns at a meeting THIS WEEK. SO EVERYONE ON HERE SHOULD CALL THIS LEGISLATURE THIS WEEK !!!!!! AGAIN HER NAME AND NUMBER IS MARGARET KASTLER 315-387-5209 1ST DISTRICT , THAT COVERS SANDY CREEK, REDFIELD AND BOYLSTON AREAS.
    more calls on the list tomorrow

FYI I am adding phone numbers to the original post....please check for added info in the OP

Calls and emails have been made/sent.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Calls and emails have been made/sent.
    Ok, so that makes 3 of us. Are the others on here calling , but just not announcing so ? I have my doubts

Calls were made yesterday!

Default The finger can not be pointed just at the Hill!!!

Probably over 50% of the state riding has been located on the hill and how many fatalities have been on the hill this season? I think I have heard of 3 out of over 20 state wide? I agree one is too many, but the finger can not be pointed solely at the hill. I think the two most dangerous areas in the state year in and year out are 10 mile crossing and Stillwater Road. I feel just as safe on the hill as I do in Old Forge or in between the hill and there. In Old Forge and Moose River Plains this season I think I have seen more people on the wrong side in corners than I have on the hill.

Sure the sport could certainly be more safe but I dont think the numbers show that it has gotten more dangerous in recent years. My personal feeling is that safety courses and radaring are not the answer at all. More LEO's solely focused on giving out some hefty fines to riders on the wrong side of the trail (worst thing for our sport) is without a doubt the way to make it safer for all. The best spot to do it would be to start with the 50% of riders who dont stay on their side in 10 mile crossing.

Better yet how about a state movement to not allow collision coverage on sleds. What ever happened to taking responsibility for your own actions. I bet this would slow down some of the punks on the wrong side of the trail knowing that if they cause an accident they would be out $12-$16K. I know, this one is far fetched, but it would help a lot!

Made some calls,
    Formerly "Middle Aged Sled Guy":

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast