Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two more

Default Two more

Just saw on the news one in Gramby rider found next to his sled no more info. and one in Boonville missed a curve. When is it going to stop?
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

It's not, its a dangerous sport. That's like saying when are drunk driving (car) deaths gonna stop. You can't teach everyone common sense and skill.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Just saw on the news one in Gramby rider found next to his sled no more info. and one in Boonville missed a curve. When is it going to stop?
    Hearing this just makes me sick. Snowmobiling is such an enjoyable sport if we all just respect it. Was great to be out on the trails again after this week's storm, sure would miss it if it all came to an end because of all these accidents. Being a well seasoned rider, I blame it mostly on speed. Trails are not race tracks, not roads, just trails which can contain obstacles.

Default Lack of respect

after being run off a trail a couple times by some disrespectful a-hole we just don't ride anymore. its the lack of respect generation out there! I spent a lot of time out there grooming trails ; bridge repairs and replacements and working on equipment; back when we didn't have a groomer barn !! now its my time to ride and enjoy and I see whats going on ; forget it! 5 sleds in the barn and not registered; may never be! one may see the trail system but I won't be on it!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    after being run off a trail a couple times by some disrespectful a-hole we just don't ride anymore. its the lack of respect generation out there! I spent a lot of time out there grooming trails ; bridge repairs and replacements and working on equipment; back when we didn't have a groomer barn !! now its my time to ride and enjoy and I see whats going on ; forget it! 5 sleds in the barn and not registered; may never be! one may see the trail system but I won't be on it!
    Maybe you should stay off of this site too. I'm sure most people including me is sick of your a-hole comments... Maybe you should have a little respect for someone who just lost there life.

Which generation is the lack of respect generation? It is very simplistic to blame the problem on a certain age group. That would be like me blaming the problem on senior citizens. They must be the problem since they did a poor job raising the people getting into these accidents.

It is unfortunate that for too many, snowmobiling has become primarily a way for wanna-be racers who have an entitlement mentality and think they are invincible to go very fast, race their buddies, stoke their ego, etc., instead of a way to get out and enjoy winter, enjoy the scenery, go places you just could not go in the summer, etc. OJ knows how it was in the good old days and dedicated many years to the betterment of the trails. You can't blame him for being really pizzed off that these idiots are ruining it for him and everyone else who wants to ride safely on the trails without worrying about some out of control sociopath hitting them.
    Last edited by hamcotrailrider; 03-18-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Maryland's Eastern Shore & Lake wallenpaupack North East Pa

Nothing wrong with this comment here. Hes right there is zero respect for
    Trails, others on the trails, alcohol, power these sleds put out, land owners, themselves, you name it. You know how many times I have told one of these people be careful you could die out there. Their coments are like oh well atleast im having fun. So maybe its just ment to be.

I also agree w/ OJ. Been riding since '77 and every year it seems to get worse and worse.

Default Promoting

Just take a look at who N.Y.S.S.A. had as a guest speaker last year at the forum. Someone who flies out of the back of a trailer in a town jumps over buildings and so on and so on. Snowmobile clubs don't promote that type of riding and it makes the morons saying I can do that.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast