Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two more

So sick of hearing the negativity, you guy who have been riding since the early days cannot sit behind a keyboard and tell everyone you have never raced, in fact I'm in the middle (35) I ride with the old guys and the young guys, and its the old guys that love to line up, and go, its the old guys who had the triple pipes, and still love pipes, so simply blaming the "young" gen as OJ does is getting old, I appreciate his time over the years spent with his club, and his permission to cross his land, I really do, but enough with the negativity, because lately thats all he contributes, fact is from what ive seen alotta accidents this year were older fella's,

We need to slow down across the board, but the fact is these manufactures are building amazing machines, and grooming is better/more consistent then ever, and clubs doing a better then ever trail system, which leads to higher speeds and higher risk, 20 years ago the only risk was a barb wire fence

Screw a barbed wire fence. Throw it up and let the skid plate take the hit.

Who cares if people die from their own stupidity.

Maybe the clubs should build a track and have snow making capabilities. Charge a fee, have a sh!t ton of legal papers to sign, and let em' rip. That's the way off road spots do it.

Aside from that, chase down idiots, beat the pi$$ out of them, and leave them in a snowbank.

Maryland's Eastern Shore & Lake wallenpaupack North East Pa

Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider845 View Post
    Screw a barbed wire fence. Throw it up and let the skid plate take the hit.

Who cares if people die from their own stupidity.

Maybe the clubs should build a track and have snow making capabilities. Charge a fee, have a sh!t ton of legal papers to sign, and let em' rip. That's the way off road spots do it.

Aside from that, chase down idiots, beat the pi$$ out of them, and leave them in a snowbank.
    You maybe on to somthing. There really is no where for some one to go if they want to ride fast and hard. Would be cool if a zone could be set up where say one can just do what they wanted at there own risk with no liability being put on any one. And If you enjoyed living you would stay out of that area. They have those places out west seen it on sled necks. 😆
    Drinking and riding could be legal.
    Im not an advocate for setting speed limits at 25mph or anything because I do like seeing the needle hit 100mph somtimes just my brain works well enough to tell me when its time to slow down.
    Accidents will happen a ski breaks off or rock pops up under the snow even to the best and safest riders cant stop it all but I bet more then 90% of the accidents this year where self inflicted in some way. Drugs, drinking, or speeding when conditions where not right for it.
    Oh by the way Im a pretty young guy myself at 38 and OJ is right I think my generation are mostly idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by hamcotrailrider View Post
    It is unfortunate that for too many, snowmobiling has become primarily a way for wanna-be racers who have an entitlement mentality and think they are invincible to go very fast, race their buddies, stoke their ego, etc., instead of a way to get out and enjoy winter, enjoy the scenery, go places you just could not go in the summer, etc. OJ knows how it was in the good old days and dedicated many years to the betterment of the trails. You can't blame him for being really pizzed off that these idiots are ruining it for him and everyone else who wants to ride safely on the trails without worrying about some out of control sociopath hitting them.
    I agree 100%... We were only in the sport for a short time compared to some of you but between 1995 and 2015 something happened and it wasn't good IMO.
    Was it televised snow cross? The X Games? The SkiDoo Rev and following sleds that could soak up the bumps and the speed/horspower wars? Better grooming?

Whatever the catalyst... it was not good...
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by Northbound View Post
    You maybe on to somthing. There really is no where for some one to go if they want to ride fast and hard. Would be cool if a zone could be set up where say one can just do what they wanted at there own risk with no liability being put on any one. And If you enjoyed living you would stay out of that area. They have those places out west seen it on sled necks. 😆
    Drinking and riding could be legal.
    Im not an advocate for setting speed limits at 25mph or anything because I do like seeing the needle hit 100mph somtimes just my brain works well enough to tell me when its time to slow down.
    Accidents will happen a ski breaks off or rock pops up under the snow even to the best and safest riders cant stop it all but I bet more then 90% of the accidents this year where self inflicted in some way. Drugs, drinking, or speeding when conditions where not right for it.
    Oh by the way Im a pretty young guy myself at 38 and OJ is right I think my generation are mostly idiots.
    Most people are idiots. It's not one particular generation. Water had a lot to do with 1/3 of the deaths this year.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Most people are idiots. It's not one particular generation. Water had a lot to do with 1/3 of the deaths this year.

Does anyone have a news clipping of the death in Granby ?

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    It's not just snowmobiling it's an every day epidemic failure

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    Does anyone have a news clipping of the death in Granby ?
    Haven't seen or heard anything on that one. In Boonville, that victim is a 44 year old male from Tapapan NJ on a 2015 Ski-Doo, failed a left hand turn, went straight, drove off towpath trail into concrete bridge. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by jamin View Post
    ...you guy who have been riding since the early days cannot sit behind a keyboard and tell everyone you have never raced...
    I have been riding since 1971 and I can tell you I never raced anyone on a trail. Lake, yes. Trail, no.

I agree with Phantom something has change. Yes the middle age and old guys like the triples and big iron but also the younger crowd seems to think the trail is all theirs down the middle won't move right and seem like the are showing off. I know all age groups to an extent do this or both. The respect for other rider is gone

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast