Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Wrong With This Picture

Quote Originally Posted by EDGE6r View Post
    Do you guys get butt hurt when you see performance car commercials on TV too???

Don't get me wrong I hate idiots riding over their heads on my side of the trail but snowmobile advertisements have nothing to do with it!
    Yeah, even better how about the commercials showing performance cars on snow covered seasonal roads fish tailing around every corner like that is their intended use. If advertising impacts everyone that much I am worried of the Mercedes around the next corner.

I have one in a Doo color and another with silver, rust & dent graphics wrap. Look out, here I come!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.51.10 AM.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  20.1 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.51.57 AM.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  21.9 KB

Obviously advertising doesn't work. That's why companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars on it.

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    Yeah, even better how about the commercials showing performance cars on snow covered seasonal roads fish tailing around every corner like that is their intended use. If advertising impacts everyone that much I am worried of the Mercedes around the next corner.
    You say that and earlier this year there was a club of customized Subies tearing up Happy Valley. Big turbos turning the AWD throwing snow like 1 3/4" paddle track. Could be what's to come.
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Quote Originally Posted by steve50 View Post
    The dude is riding hell bent for election on the wrong side of the trail around a blind corner. Other than that it looks fine...
    he aint going that fast that snow dust is photo shopped in
    Mark Barnes
    Current Williamson Driftriders President
    VINTAGE SLEDS THE CASH COW OF THE NYS TRAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Are you sure that there's no corolation between reckless riding in advertising and reckless riding on trails? I think that younger more impressionable brains see those adds and believe that is a normal way of riding on public trails. It's dangerous to underestimate the power of advertising.
    I have to agree; stupid sees this as normal! the industries are shooting themselves in the foot!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by old jerry View Post
    I have to agree; stupid sees this as normal! the industries are shooting themselves in the foot!
    Of course it does. Even back in the 70's when we had no trails. All the manufacturers that ran commercials all showed similar stuff that they show today, just in lower hp. Launching sleds over jumps, racing your buddies, you name it. There just wasn't video of people hammering down trails since they were few and far between. I went through more bogie springs than I can count. If there was a jump, we jumped it. If one of your buddies got a new sled, we raced it. Even our high school sponsored a timed snowmobile slalom race complete with trophies. I remember that well since arriving at the high school to race I launched the snowbank into the parking lot, landed flat on the pavement, and busted every bogie spring in the sled. Didn't get to race that day! We would of never done half the stuff we did if we weren't taught about it on the tv. And at that time, we were only 12-15 years old.
    I see your playing stupid again... Looks like your winning too.

Don't you love nature, despite what it did to you?

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    You say that and earlier this year there was a club of customized Subies tearing up Happy Valley. Big turbos turning the AWD throwing snow like 1 3/4" paddle track. Could be what's to come.
    Yup. The funny part was the Outback wagons were embarrassing the wrxs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    That is not funny... There are guys who do this and think they are snowmobilers!
    I really hope this isnt true.

There's snow on the trail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast