Thread: Winona-Barnes Corners-Montague-Talbot Corners-Michigan Mills, et, all.

Default Winona-Barnes Corners-Montague-Talbot Corners-Michigan Mills, et, all.

Winona-Barnes Corners-Montague-Talbot Corners-Michigan Mills, et, all. Thursday 3/23/17

Dropped at Wart Rd in Winona. The forest roads of Wart, Hawley & Tucker were really good. Some sun baked snirt showing. The swampy spot along Cty Rt 17, at the end of Tucker, was very passable. Woods trail to the S51B was very good as was S51B north bound. Brice & Nichols were mostly toast and even the bypasses were bare & whooped. I dreaded coming back that way today.

I burned my carbides along the Schoolhouse Rd on the way back to avoid a bare section of Denning and the woods trail connectors. Denning between the 7x9 & Milestrip was bare rocks & mud.

Pitcher is pretty much bare. Flatrock from Hook & Ladder is very whooped. Once you get past Parker, it got a lot better, Because that's where Valley Snow Travelers starts. Talbots Corners, RR bed & N-S Rd all GREAT! Michigan Mills is toast where the plowed section begins past the old Sportsman. I turned back here.

Carey, French, Toole, Graves, et all, were great for the traffic. It was double from Weds.'s ride. Pretty much I rode what DareDog rode today. 123-miles from 1:30-630.

Winona is good for putzing around in. Getting in & out of there is rough.

The weather Weds. & Thursday was cold. If the rain & warm temps come this weekend, all bets are off. It will greatly impact the trails.

My dream house along Brice Rd is becoming a fixer-upper.....
    Name:  FallenHouse.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  18.4 KB
    Last edited by oko; 03-23-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Another great report..... I also bought that seat riser for the wife's sled and it's AWSOME..!! Your dream house is just up from our camp. We're the thiocamp
    On the right from the plowed road.

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    Another great report..... I also bought that seat riser for the wife's sled and it's AWSOME..!! Your dream house is just up from our camp. We're the thiocamp
    From your camp towards Winona is great riding, if you are going this weekend.

another day that we were just a head of you lol
    Tri-Valley Trail Riders

Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    From your camp towards Winona is great riding, if you are going this weekend.
    AWSOME......thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    You own the place with all the scrap iron? Turn that in and you could retire! Or at least get a few new shiny doo's

No..... my place is the third camp on the right from the end of the plowed road. The farm at the of the plowed rd is where we get to park our vehicles and ride into camp.