Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: John Deere Snowmobile Safety film

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glenfield NY / Lake Pleasant NY
    Posts
    1,565

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    544

    Default

    That takes me back. When snow bunnies were snow bunnies trails were the trails you made and not 12' wide and groomed and unsafe Ace drove a Moto-Ski instead of a Ski-Doo.
    You know who I'm talking about Sprocket
    Last edited by Loner 618; 03-26-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    POCONO MT AREA, PA
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Thanks for that.
    It dose bring back the memories of some great time.
    Like said we didn't have groomers like today or had to do trail work to have a great ride but we did it all.
    Most of all WE HAD RESPECT for the others riders, land owners and our self.
    Those were some great riding days
    "live-long-and-prosper"

    Leonard Nimoy
    March 26, 1931
    February 27, 2015
    U.S. Army Reserve, 1953-1955, Sergeant

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    544

    Default First sled

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 OLD SLEDER View Post
    Thanks for that.
    It dose bring back the memories of some great time.
    Like said we didn't have groomers like today or had to do trail work to have a great ride but we did it all.
    Most of all WE HAD RESPECT for the others riders, land owners and our self.
    Those were some great riding days
    First sled 1969 SNO-GHIA Payed $250.00 1 year old. Can you say tank. It had a 20 hp SACHS one lung.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hastings, NY
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    First sled 1969 SNO-GHIA Payed $250.00 1 year old. Can you say tank. It had a 20 hp SACHS one lung.
    LOL... was my 1st sled also
    E Pluribus Unum means NO Hyphenated Americans
    Semper-Fi
    The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, but everything to do with Liberty
    www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com
    www.squarevalley.org

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCCarl View Post
    LOL... was my 1st sled also
    Nobody wanted to ride in back of me because the bars in the track would through hunks of snow at them. Good times.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    148

    Default

    early mid 70's for me

    69 399 Nordic
    71 Rupp 640 WT
    74 T'nT 400 F/A

    Sno Jets
    Skiroule's
    and many other Bombi's in the yard any given weekend

    my brother had 2 Deere's JDx6 and an 8

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    148

    Default

    narrated by George Gobel...

    who else remembers him?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    First sled 1969 SNO-GHIA Payed $250.00 1 year old. Can you say tank. It had a 20 hp SACHS one lung.

    There was something in the rear suspension on those Ghia's that kept coming loose. I was 15 years old and that is all I can remember about them. My uncle had 2 of them. He got rid of the Ghia's and bought 2 Boa-Skis in 1970. My Dad and I each went half on a 1971 Scorpion in 71. I bought my own 1972 Scorpion in 72, then a 74 Arctic Cat el-tigre 440, 75 Ski-doo 245 RV, 75 Arctic Cat 440z, 3 leftover 1971 skiroules, 1976 250 and 440 Merc Twisters, 77 Arctic 340z. And then I got divorced and had to sell all my toys. LOL. And I didnt start over again till 2009. LOL. Wish I had some of those old sleds.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack4cards View Post
    There was something in the rear suspension on those Ghia's that kept coming loose. I was 15 years old and that is all I can remember about them. My uncle had 2 of them. He got rid of the Ghia's and bought 2 Boa-Skis in 1970. My Dad and I each went half on a 1971 Scorpion in 71. I bought my own 1972 Scorpion in 72, then a 74 Arctic Cat el-tigre 440, 75 Ski-doo 245 RV, 75 Arctic Cat 440z, 3 leftover 1971 skiroules, 1976 250 and 440 Merc Twisters, 77 Arctic 340z. And then I got divorced and had to sell all my toys. LOL. And I didnt start over again till 2009. LOL. Wish I had some of those old sleds.
    On mine the rack that held the bogie wheels kept flipping upside down. Two racks four wheels on each rack if I remember.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •