Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: John Deere Snowmobile Safety film

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Maybe that was it. All I can remember is they only lasted 1 year and were gone. Replaced by a couple of Boa-Skis. LOL.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Don't recall ever seeing that video before. The lil lass melted some snow tho eh? Has some good pointers in it which am surprised no current OEM hasn't done a more updated version.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Don't recall ever seeing that video before. The lil lass melted some snow tho eh? Has some good pointers in it which am surprised no current OEM hasn't done a more updated version.
    Your up dated version is someone jumping there sled 10' through the air and carving up the trails in the curves on the inside throwing up a rooster tail as they use there body english.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack4cards View Post
    Maybe that was it. All I can remember is they only lasted 1 year and were gone. Replaced by a couple of Boa-Skis. LOL.
    I bought mine from a guy that was hired to cut them up. I guess they had a weak frame. He welded more steal in it that made it that much heaver. The good thing is he gave me enough parts to almost build another sled.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    I bought mine from a guy that was hired to cut them up. I guess they had a weak frame. He welded more steal in it that made it that much heaver. The good thing is he gave me enough parts to almost build another sled.
    Yep, I knew there was something wrong with the frame or the chasis. That must have been it. They were my uncles sleds and they were gone after the first winter and he bought the Boa-Ski's. For the day, the Boa-Skis were a pretty reliable sled.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pulaski
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    On mine the rack that held the bogie wheels kept flipping upside down. Two racks four wheels on each rack if I remember.
    I traded my john deere for a plow truck; never been registered! I thought it was a 72; could that be correct! does anyone remember the Rupp it was a 70's machine ; pretty strong; brite red! skeruol was around then! I the 60's my inlaws had a poloron sled; single cylinder hirt engind; made in Scranton pa!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

  7. #17

    Default Did you know this?

    You know the slogan "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" , do you know how it got started? Check out this link.


    https://johndeerejournal.com/2017/03.../?sf53391604=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •