Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Signs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cato ny
    Posts
    1,521

    Default Signs

    Does your club take the signs off the stakes or leave them on?
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    538

    Default P.b.s.c.

    Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    Does your club take the signs off the stakes or leave them on?
    For the most part stake and sign removed in farm fields understandable, seasonal roads town of Boylston runs down them with a York rake and wants them removed.State land you should take them down but they haven't said anything to us yet about not taking them down but when they brush hog the sides they have cut some down.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    Does your club take the signs off the stakes or leave them on?


    For the most part we leave them on. In the fall if we dont have the correct sign we need on a post we have with us, we will change them out. To me its like 6 of one, half dozen of another. And we all have posts with double blazers or double object markers. Kinda crazy to strip them. IMHO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cato ny
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    For the most part stake and sign removed in farm fields understandable, seasonal roads town of Boylston runs down them with a York rake and wants them removed.State land you should take them down but they haven't said anything to us yet about not taking them down but when they brush hog the sides they have cut some down.
    What I meant is when you take them down do you leave the sign on the stake or take them off the stake
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    What I meant is when you take them down do you leave the sign on the stake or take them off the stake
    OOOHHH They leave them on. The guys that have to sign there section of trail have been doing it for years so they know witch ones are theirs . But who knows signing will most likely change next year.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    Does your club take the signs off the stakes or leave them on?
    I leave all of my signs on the stakes. Other people take the signs off of the stakes. Complete disassembly and reassembly takes about 3 times as much time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pulaski
    Posts
    7,042

    Default time saver

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I leave all of my signs on the stakes. Other people take the signs off of the stakes. Complete disassembly and reassembly takes about 3 times as much time.
    different places we get the wagon full and leave them in a wooded area; out of the sun; covering them and when fall comes; you have the right sign for the right trail. it also has to be a land owner who doesn't mind having a few signs leaning in the corner of a stone wall or layinfg against a downed tree
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cato ny
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    We built a 30'x14' lean on the back of our club house we store them in it keeps them out of the weather.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    OOOHHH They leave them on. The guys that have to sign there section of trail have been doing it for years so they know witch ones are theirs . But who knows signing will most likely change next year.


    Has anybody seen the new signing guidelines?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cato ny
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Nope last we heard they want to have it at the forum
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •