Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Signs

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    Nope last we heard they want to have it at the forum

Hope it is better than the last time this was tried.

Many clubs don't follow the current guidelines so does it really matter if there are new guidelines to follow?

We leave them on .Some we hang ,some get put on these trailers [for the summer in the the barn ], that have a map trash can, and sponsors names on them , and than they go out on the trails at intersections for the winter we also have a old horse trailer for storage
    Attached Images Attached Images    

4. Default

With the signs still on the stakes, please show us the driver you use to pound them in - I'm interested to know how you drive them in the ground with the signs still screwed in place. We use farming post drivers and the signs must be remove to slip the driver over the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    With the signs still on the stakes, please show us the driver you use to pound them in - I'm interested to know how you drive them in the ground with the signs still screwed in place. We use farming post drivers and the signs must be remove to slip the driver over the stakes.
    With the rocky ground in our area you can't drive a wood stake directly in the ground in most places. We use a steel bar to make a hole, then tap the stake in with a 4 pound hammer. Signs are left on the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    With the rocky ground in our area you can't drive a wood stake directly in the ground in most places. We use a steel bar to make a hole, then tap the stake in with a 4 pound hammer. Signs are left on the stakes.
    I use a bar to make the hole and a 12# sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I use a bar to make the hole and a 12# sledgehammer.
    We do the same thing but us old guys use 6# sledgehammer.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

I normally go to the bar after I pound the stakes.....

When we take signs down we start at one end of a trail and we number then and when we get like 10 signs we bundle them together and mark the bundle as to where it goes and when we get them to the storage building each trail has it only spot in the building. This way we know where the signs go in the fall.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    When we take signs down we start at one end of a trail and we number then and when we get like 10 signs we bundle them together and mark the bundle as to where it goes and when we get them to the storage building each trail has it only spot in the building. This way we know where the signs go in the fall.
    This is old picture but you can see how we bundle them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast