Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time For Wheelers?

Default Time For Wheelers?

Thinking of going up to run seasonal roads this weekend. Trails aren't being groomed anymore so its fair game right? Don't wanna be a ******..

Quote Originally Posted by PROR View Post
    Thinking of going up to run seasonal roads this weekend. Trails aren't being groomed anymore so its fair game right? Don't wanna be a ******..
    As long as you have a winch or help in case you get stuck I would sat go for it. Seasonal roads only... be careful as the DEC truck roads are still closed to atvs!
    "Persistent Violator"

I took my KX 500 for a lil rip tonight. There is still a lot of snow in the woods.

Default Dual Sport Bikes

Have seen some pictures & posts about riding up there. I just bought a dual sport & am looking for places to ride, any suggestion or direction to where to find out? Not looking for aggressive terrain but looking to have a little fun. Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks
    Long rides, Short rides, Any ride beats work
    600 Fusion for the winter
    2009 Harley Street Glide for the summer
    Ride everyday as there is no guarantee of a tomorrow
    Member of the Weedsport Winter Wanderers.

[QUOTE=indyguy;226788]Have seen some pictures & posts about riding up there. I just bought a dual sport & am looking for places to ride, any suggestion or direction to where to find out? Not looking for aggressive terrain but looking to have a little fun. Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks[/QUOTE
    Any of the seasonal roads up there are great including the DEC Truck Trails... My wife and I used to ride all over up there.

"Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by PROR View Post
    If the roads are open to wheelers that you plan to travel on...bring a buddy, extra fuel, and have fun! Thinking about taking the Can-Am myself.

Default Good information

[QUOTE=Phantom;226792]
    Quote Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
    Have seen some pictures & posts about riding up there. I just bought a dual sport & am looking for places to ride, any suggestion or direction to where to find out? Not looking for aggressive terrain but looking to have a little fun. Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks[/QUOTE
    Any of the seasonal roads up there are great including the DEC Truck Trails... My wife and I used to ride all over up there.

Thanks, Is that a 400 Suzuki? I just bought a used 2005, How do you like it?
    Long rides, Short rides, Any ride beats work
    600 Fusion for the winter
    2009 Harley Street Glide for the summer
    Ride everyday as there is no guarantee of a tomorrow
    Member of the Weedsport Winter Wanderers.

[QUOTE=indyguy;226795]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Thanks, Is that a 400 Suzuki? I just bought a used 2005, How do you like it?
    Yep... 2003 DRZ 400... It was a great bike. Sold it a few years ago. We did street bikes for a while then decided we missed the DS bikes. On BMWs now.

A bit big and heavy for the woods but for dirt roads they are good.

These are the first ones we had a 2005 & 2007 both F 650 GSs

Name:  PB270005.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  16.2 KB

Just updated in October...
    My wife stayed with a 650 and I got an 800

Name:  Wharton State Forest.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  29.6 KB

Just finished this one...
    1980 Husqvarna WR 390...
    Name:  IMG_20170319_150311.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  26.2 KB

Next up for restoration...

1974 Yamaha TY 250 Trials bike.

Name:  TY 250.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  18.8 KB

My 1980 Montesa Cota 200 trials bike...
    Wish I had never sold this little gem

Name:  Cota 200.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  38.1 KB
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
    Thanks
    If you're street legal, you can ride all the seasonal and blacktop roads. If not, I'd suggest buying the Lewis County Trail pass for $65. I did it last year to ride on their woods trails. It was worth every dollar.

I'll PM you a phone number if you wanna talk on it.

Default DS bikes

We ride DS bikes, there are 5 in our group which includes my wife. It's a good time and u can ride seasonals, Dec truck trails, paved roads and ATV trails. If you don't have much time on two wheels in the dirt stick to the seasonal Rds and Dec truck trails as the ATV trails get a little rough at times. I would recommend you gear your bike for trail riding and make sure you can touch the ground with both feet. We have a camp in Boylston and ride out of Winona Forest all summer. You can get any where u want from any drop location with the dual sport bikes. We run Yamaha tw's and 1 Kawasaki klx.Name:  Message_1470501036583~2.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  38.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Boylston rider; 03-30-2017 at 05:16 AM.
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast