Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time For Wheelers?

Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    If you're street legal, you can ride all the seasonal and blacktop roads. If not, I'd suggest buying the Lewis County Trail pass for $65. I did it last year to ride on their woods trails. It was worth every dollar.

I'll PM you a phone number if you wanna talk on it.
    street legal as in wheelers are registered? insured?

what additional permissions does the trail pass give?

It's per bike I'm sure...what about kids and 90's?

Thanks.

Default harrisville

Quote Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
    Have seen some pictures & posts about riding up there. I just bought a dual sport & am looking for places to ride, any suggestion or direction to where to find out? Not looking for aggressive terrain but looking to have a little fun. Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks
    My favorite seasonal road is Jordan Falls. Its near Harrisville!Name:  IMG_2778.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  18.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rippem View Post
    street legal as in wheelers are registered? insured?

what additional permissions does the trail pass give?

It's per bike I'm sure...what about kids and 90's?

Thanks.
    I was talking about street legal dual sport motorcycles.

A few mouse clicks and you can have all your questions answered.

http://www.lewiscountychamber.org/permits.php
    Last edited by oko; 03-30-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    We ride DS bikes, there are 5 in our group which includes my wife. It's a good time and u can ride seasonals, Dec truck trails, paved roads and ATV trails. If you don't have much time on two wheels in the dirt stick to the seasonal Rds and Dec truck trails as the ATV trails get a little rough at times. I would recommend you gear your bike for trail riding and make sure you can touch the ground with both feet. We have a camp in Boylston and ride out of Winona Forest all summer. You can get any where u want from any drop location with the dual sport bikes. We run Yamaha tw's and 1 Kawasaki klx.Attachment 2996

Is the Yamaha a TW 200? I was looking at one for my 120 lb wife, but wasn't sure how it would handle. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by MXZ550F View Post
    Is the Yamaha a TW 200? I was looking at one for my 120 lb wife, but wasn't sure how it would handle. How do you like it?
    They are ok. Low saddle height makes them easy to ride. No speed demon nor a handling dream but they are great for crawling.

Looking forward to riding my new (to me) TW200 in a week or so.

Rode the hill tonight 3/30, just over 80 miles and saw a couple spots that wheelers had attempted to go and only made it very short distances because of the snow pack. There is still good coverage for the most part with some small bare spots that you can still easily get around on sled. Most of the trails I rode would not have been much fun at all and maybe not even possible yet on a wheeler.

Name:  Old Railroad.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  10.3 KB
    Last edited by firecat12; 03-30-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Default Two thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MXZ550F View Post
    we love the TW. 31" seat height,270 pounds and the fat tires kick ass. They are a very forgiving bike on the trail..It may be just a 200 but I run it everyday on regular 55 mph roads. Bigger bikes have a hard time keeping the pace of the tw in the woods trails.. The tw can bush whack,mud bog and goes over downed trees with ease.. I lowered my wife's with a vstar shock and slid the forks up a 1.5" through the triple tree.. Over all a rock solid fun bike at a good price new or used that has been in production sinse 1987!
    Shoot me a pm if u want more real world info.. I can go on all day about the TDub...
    Last edited by Boylston rider; 03-31-2017 at 05:51 AM.
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Quote Originally Posted by hamcotrailrider View Post
    Looking forward to riding my new (to me) TW200 in a week or so.
    U will dig the tw no doubt. We have a 2008, two 2003's and a 1987 in our group.. I've got 20,000 miles on my Tw now.. Ditch the front stock tire for a Shinko 241 or 244. That really helps on the trails.
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

So who wears a Teck vest or some sort of body armor while they're out riding their TW?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast