Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day of Trout Season TUG HILL STYLE!

Default Opening Day of Trout Season TUG HILL STYLE!

I have ridden several times in April on the Hill but today was a first for my son and I as it was our first time ever "snowmofishin"! We didn't catch anything so we had to settle for smoked kielbasa on the fire vs. fresh trout. We did manage to make some memories that will last a lifetime and put on 90 great miles!

Name:  Camp 4.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  10.2 KB
    Name:  Cooking Dogs.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  23.0 KB
    Name:  Culpepper Road.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  7.4 KB
    Name:  Fishin Tug Hill 2.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  23.7 KB
    Last edited by firecat12; 04-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Some More Pics

Name:  Old Railroad 3.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  14.9 KB
    Name:  Old Railroad 4.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  6.9 KB
    Name:  Old Railroad.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  10.0 KB
    Name:  Roaring Brook.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  7.5 KB
    Name:  Tug Hill Fishin 4.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  15.0 KB

I'm not a fisherman, but to me this kind of stuff is what snowmobiling is all about. Enjoying the outdoors in the winter and especially going to remote places that it's just not possible or practical to get to otherwise.

Very Cool!
    RIDE ON YOUR SIDE

Default Awesome Day

That is what it is all about... Time spent with your family & memories that will last a life time for all.
    Long rides, Short rides, Any ride beats work
    600 Fusion for the winter
    2009 Harley Street Glide for the summer
    Ride everyday as there is no guarantee of a tomorrow
    Member of the Weedsport Winter Wanderers.

I love this and hope to replicate it with my 3yr old in a few years. I'm always trying to find ways to enjoy the great outdoors no matter what is going on with the weather. Having little kids has allowed me to enjoy warm days with snow on the ground instead of whining about the snow melting like I used to! As Joe Bas****i says, "Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you have."

Quote Originally Posted by winter_rules View Post
    I love this and hope to replicate it with my 3yr old in a few years. I'm always trying to find ways to enjoy the great outdoors no matter what is going on with the weather. Having little kids has allowed me to enjoy warm days with snow on the ground instead of whining about the snow melting like I used to! As Joe Bas****i says, "Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you have."
    Very well said! We both had more fun than on a 20 degree February day when the trails are perfect. I told him it was supposed to be light rain in the afternoon and he said so it will be fun let's go! This Spring I have been able to teach him the part of snowmobiling I have always loved the most and that is exploring and taking in the surroundings and nature and he seems to enjoy it as much or more than dad!

That's pretty sweet!

A couple pics of our fishin partner while we cooked... We didnt feel so bad because he didn't catch anything either!

Name:  Fishin Partner.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  Snowman.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  14.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    Very well said! We both had more fun than on a 20 degree February day when the trails are perfect. I told him it was supposed to be light rain in the afternoon and he said so it will be fun let's go! This Spring I have been able to teach him the part of snowmobiling I have always loved the most and that is exploring and taking in the surroundings and nature and he seems to enjoy it as much or more than dad!
    That's what it's all about! Awesome! Snowmobiling gets us to see what many people will never get a chance to see, nature is truly amazing in the winter! Great memories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast