Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Day of Trout Season TUG HILL STYLE!

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Of all the camping trips I have been on, some of the most fun/memorable have involved weather that one would not consider beneficial at the time of planning.

One trip to Stillwater in 2009 featured rain at least 60% of the time, probably more. Looking west from our campsite, we could see walls of rain coming at us, watching the rippled surface of the water as it was pelted with millions of droplets creeping our way. Still one of the most fun trips.

Stayed at the Glenmore for some Old Forge snowmobiling for a few days about a decade ago...while unpacking, I discovered I forgot my boots. I rode the entire trip in my Nike high tops! What seemed like a major problem turned out to be the root of half of the jokes and smart arse comments on the trip, leading to many giggles.

"I would help you get unstuck, but I can't get off my sled. Remember, I am wearing sneakers."

"This sled handles better without boots...must be from less weight!"

"I saw your sled pulled over, running. I thought your laces got pulled into the track and sucked you in. I was disappointed to see you were just in the woods taking a leak."

....and so on.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

thanks awesome, to be able to ride a sled to go trout fishing
    and great way to make some memories with your kid
    enjoy and be safe and thanks for sharing!

Did you get a last ride in since the website was down?

Still riding here! No snow, lot's of mud, ton's of water. No fish, per say.

Sleds look like very bad. Only took out the older ones. It's amazing how much crud you can roost someone with on an older worked 700. Definitely going to need my loader to fill in the ruts.

Awesome thread, and an awesome parent. It's cool that you guys can ride a sled to fish!

Glad to hear that some people still take being a parent seriously! Reminds me of being younger and all the cool stuff my dad and I did. (and actually still do!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by RENEGADE13 View Post
    Did you get a last ride in since the website was down?
    Nope that was our last ride... It was a perfect way to end a great season!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12