Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snirt run update 4-4-17

Default Snirt run update 4-4-17

On monday i took my utv for a ride along some of the trails that are open for the snirt run.

there is a ton of snow (16, 18,24 inches) remaining in the worth road culpepper rd area all 2 wheelers and inexperienced 4 wheelers need to stay away from these areas as i guarantee that you will get wadded and i mean a full wad. You will get very stuck and most likely piss off every one that was foolish enough to follow you. I'm very serious about this point...it's been warm here all week however there will be lots of snow which will break down fast
    and bikes will be stuck all over the place. And do not go off the road ( conditions are worse!!)if you are crazy enough to even try one of these roads.

The map you get when registering will show you a route around hill utilizing seasonal roads which have been plowed.

I have heard (but can not verify) that snow conditions aren't as sever once you leave the worth/montague area

you have been warned

gg

Quote Originally Posted by groomerguy View Post
    On monday i took my utv for a ride along some of the trails that are open for the snirt run.

there is a ton of snow (16, 18,24 inches) remaining in the worth road culpepper rd area all 2 wheelers and inexperienced 4 wheelers need to stay away from these areas as i guarantee that you will get wadded and i mean a full wad. You will get very stuck and most likely piss off every one that was foolish enough to follow you. I'm very serious about this point...it's been warm here all week however there will be lots of snow which will break down fast
    and bikes will be stuck all over the place. And do not go off the road ( conditions are worse!!)if you are crazy enough to even try one of these roads.

The map you get when registering will show you a route around hill utilizing seasonal roads which have been plowed.

I have heard (but can not verify) that snow conditions aren't as sever once you leave the worth/montague area

you have been warned

gg
    You might want to put this on your clubs Facebook page them we all can share it and get the words out there.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Default Winona

For those planning on leaving from Winona don't forget Little John forest is a W.M.A. and closed to four wheelers and will never be open to them. Carol can correct me if I'm wrong and should know the roads open in Winona but the only legal way to go from Winona is Wart or Bargy parking lots to Rt. 92, right at c.c.c. camp to left on Rt. 17,right on Diamond Rd. , Diamond Rd. turns into Vanbrocken then left on Bice up to Barns.
    Last edited by Loner 618; 04-12-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    For those planning to leave Winona don't forget Little John forest is a W.M.A. and closed to four wheelers and will never be open to them. Carol can correct me if I'm wrong and should know the roads open in Winona but the only legal way to go from Winona is Wart or Bargy parking lots to Rt. 92, right at c.c.c. camp to left on Rt. 17,right on Diamond Rd. , Diamond Rd. turns into Vanbrocken then left on Bice up to Barns.
    Bargy is NOT open to ATVs and to the best of my knowledge neither is Tucker. (90 from CCC to 17 is not legal)

The only roads open to atvs in Winona are Wart from P1 to Rt 90 > Brown Rd> Sharp Rd or Marsh Rd> Rt 92> Waterville Rd> rt 93 into Barnes. I believe 92 to Diamond(rt 95) is open all the way to 93.....I am not sure about Van Brocklin to Bice.

The woods trails in Winona open to atv is the loop off Brown Rd> Kate Hall > Gold Spike> Bishop> Brown

you can check winonaforest.com/atvs.html

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Bargy is NOT open to ATVs and to the best of my knowledge neither is Tucker. (90 from CCC to 17 is not legal)

The only roads open to atvs in Winona are Wart from P1 to Rt 90 > Brown Rd> Sharp Rd or Marsh Rd> Rt 92> Waterville Rd> rt 93 into Barnes. I believe 92 to Diamond(rt 95) is open all the way to 93.....I am not sure about Van Brocklin to Bice.

The woods trails in Winona open to atv is the loop off Brown Rd> Kate Hall > Gold Spike> Bishop> Brown

you can check winonaforest.com/atvs.html
    I knew if anybody would know about Winona it would be you Carol . A lot of people think that Bice goes from the saw dust pile at the end of Blount Mills to Bice farm not so. It goes from Van Brocklin north, South of Van Brocklin is C.C. Rd to Little John Rd. that is all W.M.A. region 7. Snowmobile map is wrong.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Default DS bikes

Easier to get around on our Dual sport bikes. Truck trails, seasonal​ roads, ATV trails, paved roads.. No maps needed .😎
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    Easier to get around on our Dual sport bikes. Truck trails, seasonal​ roads, ATV trails, paved roads.. No maps needed .😎
    Have fun! The sheriff is your friend!
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Have fun! The sheriff is your friend!
    We stay away from the snirt.. too dangerous​ on two wheels.. as u know
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

I've never been to it but it seems like it could be dangerous on 4 wheels too.

We do the stops but make our own route... DEC Truck Trails are best... NO wheelers!
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast