Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Snirt run update 4-4-17

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    607

    Thumbs up Us too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    We stay away from the snirt.. too dangerous​ on two wheels.. as u know
    Yeah, for us too. Kind'a like "been there, done that."
    Too much snow the one year. Too dusty last year.
    We're going up next weekend, 4/22,23 .!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    I knew if anybody would know about Winona it would be you Carol . A lot of people think that Bice goes from the saw dust pile at the end of Blount Mills to Bice farm not so. It goes from Van Brocklin north, South of Van Brocklin is C.C. Rd to Little John Rd. that is all W.M.A. region 7. Snowmobile map is wrong.
    All Town and County roads in the Town of Lorraine (with the exception of CR 189) have been legally opened for this event. That means all Lorraine Town Rds and any County Rds. in Winona are open for this event.Keep in mind that they only the portion located in the Town of Lorraine is open

    If there are any lingering questions on roads opened you need to find a good quality Jefferson County map which clearly shows the Town boundries. As mentioned above with the exception of CR 189 all Town and County roads are opened for this event.

    Also in the Town of Worth all roads (Town & County) with the exception of CR 189 have been legally opened for this event.

    Hope this clears things up

    GG

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Bargy is NOT open to ATVs and to the best of my knowledge neither is Tucker. (90 from CCC to 17 is not legal)

    The only roads open to atvs in Winona are Wart from P1 to Rt 90 > Brown Rd> Sharp Rd or Marsh Rd> Rt 92> Waterville Rd> rt 93 into Barnes. I believe 92 to Diamond(rt 95) is open all the way to 93.....I am not sure about Van Brocklin to Bice.

    The woods trails in Winona open to atv is the loop off Brown Rd> Kate Hall > Gold Spike> Bishop> Brown

    you can check winonaforest.com/atvs.html
    Please see my recent post. All Town and County rds (with the exception of CR 189) have been legally opened for this event. Winona rests within both Oswego County and Jefferson Counties . All roads in the Town of Lorraine in Jefferson County are legally opened for this event.

    GG

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I've never been to it but it seems like it could be dangerous on 4 wheels too.
    Take the busiest Saturday in February on the hill and times it by 2 or 3 and you have the snirt run as far as traffic goes. The biggest problem last year was later in the afternoon the sun glare with the dust cloud made visibiilty almost 0. The difference is the average speed is about 30 vs. 70 ish on sleds.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Bargy is NOT open to ATVs and to the best of my knowledge neither is Tucker. (90 from CCC to 17 is not legal)

    The only roads open to atvs in Winona are Wart from P1 to Rt 90 > Brown Rd> Sharp Rd or Marsh Rd> Rt 92> Waterville Rd> rt 93 into Barnes. I believe 92 to Diamond(rt 95) is open all the way to 93.....I am not sure about Van Brocklin to Bice.

    The woods trails in Winona open to atv is the loop off Brown Rd> Kate Hall > Gold Spike> Bishop> Brown

    you can check winonaforest.com/atvs.html
    GG says all Lorraine town & county rds are open so I stand corrected ....rt 90 from Dixon to 92 is legal, Bargy is DEC so that's off limits, and only part of hessel is town road

    here are Lorraine & Worth maps

    http://newyork.hometownlocator.com/c...,cfips,045.cfm

    http://newyork.hometownlocator.com/c...,cfips,045.cfm

    Good luck everyone.....100% rain in the forecast

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Thanks Carol

    This event actually starts on Friday evening when staff from the BCSP's are deployed around the "Hill" doing early registrations and selling our event shirts ,which are exceptionally nice this year thanks to Cheryl and the staff at Victory Promotions.

    It's been a horrible year for snowmobile deaths and I want everyone to sit and think about going home either Sat evening or Sunday morning which ever the case may be. Just make sure you go home in the same vehicle that you drove/rode up here in. Those of you who now me personally know that I lost my wife, mother and sister in a horrible MV accident. That was in 1994 and I can tell you that not a day passes that I don't think of those folks. It's just a horrible, terrible thing to live through. So please for the sake of everyone, your family ,your friends please drive carefully. Remember this is not a race. Take your time and enjoy the beauty of Tug Hill in the spring.

    Finally based on previous years there will be approx 25 - 35 LEO's on the hill. These guys and gals are our friends and neighbors. Most all have families and I'm sure on an Easter weekend they have other places they would rather be. If by chance you meet one of LEO's please treat them with the respect they deserve. Have a great ride and Holiday and be safe

    GG

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,608

    Default

    What is the current status on SXS that are overweight? Are the being permitted if registered out of state or is it still a gray area with enforcement?
    "Persistent Violator"

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    They are still illegal in NYS.

    Realistically I'm sure there will be several hundred of them at this event.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    What is the current status on SXS that are overweight? Are the being permitted if registered out of state or is it still a gray area with enforcement?
    What gray area? Albany has created a problem, that they wont fix. Like BC FB reads, obey the laws

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groomerguy View Post
    Thanks Carol

    This event actually starts on Friday evening when staff from the BCSP's are deployed around the "Hill" doing early registrations and selling our event shirts ,which are exceptionally nice this year thanks to Cheryl and the staff at Victory Promotions.

    It's been a horrible year for snowmobile deaths and I want everyone to sit and think about going home either Sat evening or Sunday morning which ever the case may be. Just make sure you go home in the same vehicle that you drove/rode up here in. Those of you who now me personally know that I lost my wife, mother and sister in a horrible MV accident. That was in 1994 and I can tell you that not a day passes that I don't think of those folks. It's just a horrible, terrible thing to live through. So please for the sake of everyone, your family ,your friends please drive carefully. Remember this is not a race. Take your time and enjoy the beauty of Tug Hill in the spring.

    Finally based on previous years there will be approx 25 - 35 LEO's on the hill. These guys and gals are our friends and neighbors. Most all have families and I'm sure on an Easter weekend they have other places they would rather be. If by chance you meet one of LEO's please treat them with the respect they deserve. Have a great ride and Holiday and be safe

    GG
    Well said Gary!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •