Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boylston camp owners beware

Default Boylston camp owners beware

If you own a camp in the Boylston area make sure your camps are locked up tight and security is working if you have it. There has been resent unusual activity around a couple of our camps. Yes we do have great video of a person looking in windows and what I would say checking things out for another crew. The video shows a man with a walker that looks like he doesn't need it and he's moving very well. Just a heads up. Troopers were called and they made a copy of the video. Isn't technology grand.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Default Wtf again

Glad we have some cams and two full time residences across the street. These thugs won't ever give up.. Pfffffff
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    Glad we have some cams and two full time residences across the street. These thugs won't ever give up.. Pfffffff
    I really think it's locals. You have to remember were just visitors up there and they know when we come and go. There was a time when you could leave things out and not worry if you locked your door when you left nobody would touch anything. Those days are over. I've been going up there since 1958 boy have things changed . Your lucky to have the full timers looking out for you.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    I really think it's locals. You have to remember were just visitors up there and they know when we come and go. There was a time when you could leave things out and not worry if you locked your door when you left nobody would touch anything. Those days are over. I've been going up there since 1958 boy have things changed . Your lucky to have the full timers looking out for you.
    How old are you?
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

Default dirtbags

My camp in Osceola, (Jackson Road) , got broken into 5 times, twice the place was trashed,anything they could grab, pots & pans, fire extinquishers, firewood, snowmobile helmets, boots, (jerks!!).
    Once they left the big door on my shed wide open and my neighbor called me at home.
    Then the time I drove up on friday night to find my driveway had my Dads old carpenter tools dropped every 10 feet, there was a gate and they were dropping stuff on the way out as they left .
    I remember running into a State Trooper at the gas station in Richland and asking if they found the guys breaking into camps, he said they had an idea who it was, then he told me if they did catch the guy and lock him up, his brother would be probably be breaking in the next week.
    Not exactly words of encouragement.
    I got tired of hauling anything valuable back and forth, gave up and sold my camp.
    We built the place in 1961.
    for 25 years nothing was touched, then the backwoods low lifes hatched.
    Last edited by "not quite over the hill guy"; 04-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Formerly "Middle Aged Sled Guy":

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    How old are you?
    63 My dad had a hunting camp in Orwell on New Scriba Dr,
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by "not quite over the hill guy" View Post
    My camp in Osceola, (Jackson Road) , got broken into 5 times, twice the place was trashed,anything they could grab, pots & pans, fire extinquishers, firewood, snowmobile helmets, boots, (jerks!!).
    Once they left the big door on my shed wide open and my neighbor called me at home.
    Then the time I drove up on friday night to find my driveway had my Dads old carpenter tools dropped every 10 feet, there was a gate and they were dropping stuff on the way out as they left .
    I remember running into a State Trooper at the gas station in Richland and asking if they found the guys breaking into camps, he said they had an idea who it was, then he told me if they did catch the guy and lock him up, his brother would be probably be breaking in the next week.
    Not exactly words of encouragement.
    I got tired of hauling anything valuable back and forth, gave up and sold my camp.
    We built the place in 1961.
    for 25 years nothing was touched, then the backwoods low lifes hatched.
    In 2003 we got broke into when we though people up there could be trusted. We were raped they took everything and I mean everything even the heater 250 gal. of kiro.in the camp if you didn't have anything they burned your place to the ground. The thing that made my wife mad was they took her Pepsi and T.P.
    1% er

In 2003 we got broke into when we though people up there could be trusted. We were raped they took everything and I mean everything even the heater 250 gal. of kiro.in the camp if you didn't have anything they burned your place to the ground. The thing that made my wife mad was they took her Pepsi and T.P.
    I would have been more upset about the raping.

If you own a camp in the Boylston area make sure your camps are locked up tight and security is working if you have it. There has been resent unusual activity around a couple of our camps. Yes we do have great video of a person looking in windows and what I would say checking things out for another crew. The video shows a man with a walker that looks like he doesn't need it and he's moving very well. Just a heads up. Troopers were called and they made a copy of the video. Isn't technology grand.
    With a walker?! lol geriatric crime wave ? Anybody check the local senior home for a missing person?

It would surprise you what goes on up there... I was there for just 20 years and I know people on both sides of the law. Part of the reason I never had a problem is because of knowing the bad ones from my earliest trips.

Eventually, the bad ones get caught but there is always another generation (usually family of some sort) that takes over.
    I do have to say that even the bad guys would give you the shirt off of their backs if they like you but if they don't like you or you cause problems for them look out because all bets are off and they will rob you blind.
    I have been in places/situations when if there was a knock at the door someone got up and answered the door with a gun in their hand.
    Last edited by Phantom; 04-19-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast