Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boylston camp owners beware

Thieves are the worst...When I first bought my place in 2010 every time I showed up little things would be missing, the aluminum cans, license plate and lights off my boat trailer, bug light, etc. Nothing major but seemed to be someone scrapping stuff. Talked to some of my neighbors and it turned out we had a bad apple in the community who had been picking away at everyone's things but he kept getting misdemeanors and didn't do any real jail time.

Finally one day I came up to camp and an ATV trailer I had built was gone. I was livid, so I took a stroll down past the trouble makers place..Guess what I saw? My trailer sitting in the back of his yard. I pretended I didn't notice and went back to camp and called the cops. Luckily I had pictures of the trailer being built, at my house, and finally at my camp on my cell phone which I showed to the cops. Long story short he landed himself in prison for 2 years and I got my trailer back. The next 2 years were great with no trouble around our community, now he is out of prison but we haven't had any trouble, yet. Hopefully he learned his lesson but I doubt it.

I have cameras now but I can't help but think he is going to come back looking for revenge or something else to steal. What ever happened to working and paying for the things you want?! ahhh.....people suck...

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    It's amazing how much traffic is on these seasonal roads mid day and mid week...... I've been
    Upto camp doing work during the week and the vehicles that are up and down the road is surprising
    I know what your saying. Now that I'm retired we no longer have set patterns of when we come and go. You see who's going up and down the road you try to remember the car or truck you see should something happen. Some say it's being paranoid I say it's being cautious when you've been broken into and you know how it feels. We missed the hole 2003-2004 snowmobile season waiting for the clean up to get done.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by jsahara24 View Post
    Thieves are the worst...When I first bought my place in 2010 every time I showed up little things would be missing, the aluminum cans, license plate and lights off my boat trailer, bug light, etc. Nothing major but seemed to be someone scrapping stuff. Talked to some of my neighbors and it turned out we had a bad apple in the community who had been picking away at everyone's things but he kept getting misdemeanors and didn't do any real jail time.

Finally one day I came up to camp and an ATV trailer I had built was gone. I was livid, so I took a stroll down past the trouble makers place..Guess what I saw? My trailer sitting in the back of his yard. I pretended I didn't notice and went back to camp and called the cops. Luckily I had pictures of the trailer being built, at my house, and finally at my camp on my cell phone which I showed to the cops. Long story short he landed himself in prison for 2 years and I got my trailer back. The next 2 years were great with no trouble around our community, now he is out of prison but we haven't had any trouble, yet. Hopefully he learned his lesson but I doubt it.

I have cameras now but I can't help but think he is going to come back looking for revenge or something else to steal. What ever happened to working and paying for the things you want?! ahhh.....people suck...
    That was around the time my place on dam road got broken in to. It was some punk kid, he stole a gun from me and a few other things. I got all my things back. the state police called and said they have my things. turned out this kid got arrested 2 times before for the same ****. He stole guns, atvs etc. I talked to his probation officer and told her, you are lucky that I wasnt home when he came into my place because he would of been shot ! She said he wasnt a bad kid, he probably wasnt taking his meds. He then did spend time in jail, not sure for how long.
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

Default Loner

my barn in Winona was robbed beginning March 2013....stole 4 wheeler, gun, chain saws and lots more. Caught them.....local kids ...known thieves. Most people afraid of them getting revenge for turning them in but I pressed charges....got most of the money they were fined for damage. They never went to jail and are still around. Wouldn't be surprised Loner....if these are the same people from N Church

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    my barn in Winona was robbed beginning March 2013....stole 4 wheeler, gun, chain saws and lots more. Caught them.....local kids ...known thieves. Most people afraid of them getting revenge for turning them in but I pressed charges....got most of the money they were fined for damage. They never went to jail and are still around. Wouldn't be surprised Loner....if these are the same people from N Church
    Funny you say that. Last year someone from N.Church asked to cut fire wood off my property and I told them I do that and said no.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    I'm sure these upstanding individuals have a pretty big area they travel....
    Last edited by sgviper; 04-20-2017 at 10:46 PM.

I haven't been broken into yet (knock on wood).I have all the windows covered so you can't see in(town assessor made me do that).no back door. My place is about 125 ft off the road which isn't seasonal.about half camps and half locals.open lot one tree.I know it's easier for them if they can be off the road so nobody sees them.they are also lazy so a chain across the driveway might deter some. .I don't keep much there to steal anyway.it's all second hand furniture and just a decent tv on the wall.if they do break in I hope they torch it cuz my ins company has it insured for more than twice what I have into it!

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    It's amazing how much traffic is on these seasonal roads mid day and mid week...... I've been
    Upto camp doing work during the week and the vehicles that are up and down the road is surprising
    Seasonal roads, minimum maintenance roads, are not what they used to be. Most are 20' wide or wider, townships are running road graders on them several times of year. Camp owners are plowing them at their own expense, and or petitioning the towns do it for them.

Just a matter of time before we have no place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    I haven't been broken into yet (knock on wood).I have all the windows covered so you can't see in(town assessor made me do that).no back door. My place is about 125 ft off the road which isn't seasonal.about half camps and half locals.open lot one tree.I know it's easier for them if they can be off the road so nobody sees them.they are also lazy so a chain across the driveway might deter some. .I don't keep much there to steal anyway.it's all second hand furniture and just a decent tv on the wall.if they do break in I hope they torch it cuz my ins company has it insured for more than twice what I have into it!
    Sometimes your right in my case I would have been better off if it was torched. Insurance company was great. Had SERVPRO do the clean up, wouldn't recommend then to clean dog s__t in a back yard.
    1% er

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123