Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: D&D Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    That's as bad as people thinking this is the Jersey Shore...

Attachment 3076

When I know in fact THIS is the Jersey Shore...

Attachment 3077
    I thought this was the view from the Jersey shore.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I thought this thread is about D&D racing

Quote Originally Posted by icicle View Post
    I thought this thread is about D&D racing
    I know, it's unusual for a thread to go off of the rails here. Lol

Getting back to the original topic, I am not surprised that D & D had their inventory yanked by Yammi and AC.

For years, the manufacturers have been putting the screws to country dealers, wanting their products only displayed in the fanciest showrooms. I know a dealer who had his franchise threatened for having a blue Yamaha sign instead of the updated red sign.

To get off topic again, here is an article on the death spiral of the big displacement air-cooled V-twin motorcycle market:

http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/...-dying-fastest
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I thought this was the view from the Jersey shore.
    That would be some long ago cleaned up trash dump that the ingrates from NYC came and dumped in what looks like the Meadowlands (from the view of the WTC in the distance)
    They built a stadium complex there... It is where the Jets and the Giants play so they feel at home since it is a previous trash dump.
    "Persistent Violator"

I heard Big Bay Red is coming back as a Moderator...there, that'll put this train really off the tracks.
    "Why does everyone ride a snowmobile like it's the last lap of the motocross race?"- Said by a new snowmobiler friend.

Friend recently contacted D+D asking about a recall for his Cat and if they could do it and was told they could not do it as they lost Cat.

Friend was told D+D may try to get back Yamaha line in the future (next year).

Friend also told me a long time 20+yr customer was in the dealership while a dealer rep was in there and heard the dealer rep
    giving it to D+D about what they had to do (take more vehicles) etc and also charge more for product.
    Apparently Rep didn't know customer was close by and customer spoke up telling him he was a long time customer
    and if D+D had to do all that he would take his business elsewhere.

Mfg's have been pushing product down dealers throats for years.

D+D also didn't have the new fancy expensive over the top huge dealer showrooms that the Mfg's like to see.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    Getting back to the original topic, I am not surprised that D & D had their inventory yanked by Yammi and AC.

For years, the manufacturers have been putting the screws to country dealers, wanting their products only displayed in the fanciest showrooms. I know a dealer who had his franchise threatened for having a blue Yamaha sign instead of the updated red sign.

To get off topic again, here is an article on the death spiral of the big displacement air-cooled V-twin motorcycle market:

http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/...-dying-fastest
    Interesting timing on the article. Drove I90 through Sturgis yesterday on the way home from the wildfires in Montana & BC. It wasn't hard to notice that 99% of the people riding bikes were anywhere from 55 to 70 years old. No young folks that I saw.

Bad out west too, smoke is thick this year, not everywhere though
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Polarizer; 08-10-2017 at 08:35 PM.

I would like to know WTF these snowmobile manufacturers are thinking. If there are virtually no dealers for a certain brand out in the boonies where the trails are, I'd be inclined not to buy that brand, especially if I travelled to go riding. Break down and need a part or service only a dealer can provide you have to blow a day of your limited weekend or vacation time driving to get the sled serviced, instead of getting it fixed locally.

Quote Originally Posted by hamcotrailrider View Post
    I would like to know WTF these snowmobile manufacturers are thinking. If there are virtually no dealers for a certain brand out in the boonies where the trails are, I'd be inclined not to buy that brand, especially if I travelled to go riding. Break down and need a part or service only a dealer can provide you have to blow a day of your limited weekend or vacation time driving to get the sled serviced, instead of getting it fixed locally.
    Dealers never have parts in stock anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast