Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Windmills in redfield

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Nothing yet. But D.E.C. has dinged clubs for things they don't like,all B.S. It's just region 7 W.M.A.s. One is nails in trees holding signs come on look around how are all state signs and W.M.A. signs fixed on trees and with what?
    W.M.A. affected (Happy Valley, Little John forest, 3 Mile Bay Oswego county), (Tioughnioga, Madison county),(Pharsalia Chenango county),and (Connecticut Hill Tompkins/Schuyler county). Again region 7
    Sounds like somebody has a hardon for snowmobilers... Thanks for the info!
    RIDE ON YOUR SIDE

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EDGE6r View Post
    Sounds like somebody has a hardon for snowmobilers... Thanks for the info!
    As I said in the past there are things I won't put on a public forum but you just passed the math test and put 2and 2 together. ( say it forget it wright it regret it )
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bridgeport,Boylston
    Posts
    597

    Default Club Meeting

    Last night was our meeting (P.B.S.C.) things still don't look good. We are going to approach this in one more way to see what happens. On another note if you get the mag. N.Y.S. CONSERVATIONIST you'll know what I'm talking about. there's a article By Laure DiBetta called Adventure N.Y. see talks about how D.E.C. is working so hard to open it's nearly 5 mill. acres for public use, if so why is region 7 trying so hard to shut it down ? We all know the answer to that. If our last attempted falls by the wast side I urge all to send her a E Mail and ask her if she knows what she is talking about. Also let her know the economical impact snowmobiling has on the tug hill region. Something she does not mention. She is a special assistant to the Commissioner for outdoor rec.in D.E.C.s Albany office.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Fabius, North Redfield
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    Last night was our meeting (P.B.S.C.) things still don't look good. We are going to approach this in one more way to see what happens. On another note if you get the mag. N.Y.S. CONSERVATIONIST you'll know what I'm talking about. there's a article By Laure DiBetta called Adventure N.Y. see talks about how D.E.C. is working so hard to open it's nearly 5 mill. acres for public use, if so why is region 7 trying so hard to shut it down ? We all know the answer to that. If our last attempted falls by the wast side I urge all to send her a E Mail and ask her if she knows what she is talking about. Also let her know the economical impact snowmobiling has on the tug hill region. Something she does not mention. She is a special assistant to the Commissioner for outdoor rec.in D.E.C.s Albany office.
    I subscribe to the Conservationist, starting to feel like it is nothing but a paid political ad for the "king" as he is mentioned in almosy every article.
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,501

    Default interesting

    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    I subscribe to the Conservationist, starting to feel like it is nothing but a paid political ad for the "king" as he is mentioned in almosy every article.
    didnt know about this mag.
    can get digital edition free
    http://www.dec.ny.gov/pubs/109213.html

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Penfield, NY (home) / Orwell, NY (camp)
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarizer View Post
    didnt know about this mag.
    can get digital edition free
    http://www.dec.ny.gov/pubs/109213.html
    I think it comes to you for free if you buy a hunting license...?
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354

    Default

    From a radar professional
    It's called "Blade Flash"
    and is very disruptive to radar systems

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfired View Post
    From a radar professional
    It's called "Blade Flash"
    and is very disruptive to radar systems
    As I stated in an earlier post, I really hope that our military can't be defeated by windmills.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,971

    Default

    Washington, DC– Today, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (R-NY-21) sent a letter to General Mark A. Milley, U.S. Army Chief of Staff, expressing concerns over the potential effects of industrial wind turbine development on Fort Drum’s ability to execute current and future missions. The full letter to General Milley is below, or for a digital copy, click here.

    September 12, 2017



    General Mark A. Milley

    Army Chief of Staff

    200 Army Pentagon

    Washington, D.C. 20310-0200



    Dear General Milley,

    I know you share my pride and appreciation for the 10th Mountain Division and its home at Fort Drum in northern New York. I am writing today to express my concern about the potential cumulative effects of industrial wind turbine development on Fort Drum’s ability to execute current and future missions. I remain supportive of clean and renewable energy development in the North Country and understand its potential for long term economic benefits. However, we need to adequately assess its impact on military readiness. Military readiness today, relevance tomorrow, and the safety of our service members is paramount when evaluating and approving the location of these projects.

    In recent months, I have grown increasingly concerned that the Department of the Army (DA) and the Department of Defense (DoD) are not appropriately considering the cumulative impact of industrial wind development projects on Fort Drum and other installations around the country. I urge the DA and DoD to heavily scrutinize each project throughout the approval process to ensure aggregate effects of new wind turbine construction are factored into determinations of “no hazard.” Fort Drum is finalizing a Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) that will assist in guiding our strategies on identifying areas for compatible land use and best growth management practices.

    In 2012, the first established Mitigation Response Team (MRT) addressed rapid industrial wind turbine development in the North Country and advised the DoD Siting Clearinghouse on adverse impacts to Fort Drum’s mission. Unfortunately, I remain concerned subsequent MRTs have not assessed the cumulative impacts of an additional 12 proposed industrial wind projects within a 30-mile radius of Fort Drum. Additionally, the MRT did not adequately address adverse impacts on the DoD Doppler weather radar system specifically sited to support Fort Drum, the effects of ground based clutter on Wheeler Sack Army Airfield’s digital airport surveillance radar (DASR-11), and failed to account for the effect of industrial wind turbine development on the future airspace requirements. The Air Force and Air National Guard currently conduct specialized training missions, and we must protect this training opportunity for F-35s and other manned and unmanned aircraft to approach targets utilizing the proper air space corridors.

    Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response.

    Sincerely,

    ELISE M. STEFANIK

    Member of Congress

    ###

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfired View Post
    From a radar professional
    It's called "Blade Flash"
    and is very disruptive to radar systems
    After the many windmills went into Wyoming County NY, a cluster of them would definitely fool the NWS radar......when it really did snow, the radar would always show a super-intense snowfall in that area. Would they impact the radar used to track planes? Dunno.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •