Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Windmills in redfield

Default Windmills in redfield

Does anybody have a update about the possibility of windmills off of Little John Road?

http://www.oswegocountynewsnow.com/n...79248794d.html

I believe there is a "disinformational" meeting at the Redfield town hall on September 21st 6-8 pm. I did not attend the last one but was told that informational people from the company in Spain that is doing this were very polished in their answers and that they more often than not danced around directly answering the questions asked.
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    http://www.oswegocountynewsnow.com/n...79248794d.html

I believe there is a "disinformational" meeting at the Redfield town hall on September 21st 6-8 pm. I did not attend the last one but was told that informational people from the company in Spain that is doing this were very polished in their answers and that they more often than not danced around directly answering the questions asked.
    Iberdola? They own RG&E (Rochester G & E) and NYSEG.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

I understand if this is to happen ......that these units will be bigger then the ones on top of the hill....???

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    I understand if this is to happen ......that these units will be bigger then the ones on top of the hill....???
    They would need to be bigger both in height and diameter to offset the difference of being on top due to the upslope slowing the wind down and the elevation difference.
    Most likely the prime location would be on the downslope but at the point, you are getting close to the blueline and the tree huggers would be fit to be tied holding up the project for decades in court.
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    They would need to be bigger both in height and diameter to offset the difference of being on top due to the upslope slowing the wind down and the elevation difference.
    Most likely the prime location would be on the downslope but at the point, you are getting close to the blueline and the tree huggers would be fit to be tied holding up the project for decades in court.
    I think they'll have a pretty hard time getting this project approved.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    although I am not opposed in any way to windmills.I am near the proposed site for this and my concern is trail elimination in that area.so..I ride enough road!!

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    /
    you think its safe to say it probably isn't gonna happen this season?

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    although I am not opposed in any way to windmills.I am near the proposed site for this and my concern is trail elimination in that area.so..I ride enough road!!
    If it is anything like the wind farms on top or the hill access should improve.
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast