Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windmills in redfield

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    /
    you think its safe to say it probably isn't gonna happen this season?
    I'm not from that area, but projects like this usually take a few years to get approved and going. A couple of smaller proposed wind projects in my area have been in and out of court for the past 7 or 8 years.

They are supposed To be the tallest windmills this side of the Mississippi river, 550feet. My understanding is the majority of the 125 of these wil be built on what is currently known as the MRC, they have a very long uphill battle as they will not be building these on farm land like Maple view but in wooded areas requiring 5 acre clearings for each one, how will they ever meet the dec requirements with all the wetlands and streams that they will have to cross to build these, 40 foot wide access roads, might as well just gut the last of peace and quiet on this part of the hill whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, 24-7.

THERE ARE OPEN HOUSES PLANNED TO DISCUSS THE WINDMILL PROJECT

1.) WEDNESDAY SEPT 20, 2017 FROM 2-4 PM AND 6-8 PM AT THE LORRAINE FIRE HALL LOCATED AT 20876 COUNTY ROUTE 189

2.) THURSDAY SEPT 21, 2017 FROM 2-4 PM AND 6-8 PM AT THE REDFIELD FIRE HALL LOCATED AT 4879 COUNTY ROUTE 17

Avangrid a part of Spain-based utility company Iberdrola Group
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

Default Maps

You can see aerial and topographical maps of the area this is proposed to cover on their website, "fact" sheets and other propaganda, plus register to recieve filings and updates on the project - scroll down to the bottom of this page: http://www.avangridrenewables.us/madriver/
    Nobody calls me good for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbody View Post
    You can see aerial and topographical maps of the area this is proposed to cover on their website, "fact" sheets and other propaganda, plus register to recieve filings and updates on the project - scroll down to the bottom of this page: http://www.avangridrenewables.us/madriver/
    Thanks for that link...

Quote Originally Posted by snowbody View Post
    Wow..I guess it's all around me.I wonder if they have done any studies on the effects on humans watching these things spin all day long?pretty soon you may see people doing cartwheels wherever they use to walk.

Default Not this time

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    If it is anything like the wind farms on top or the hill access should improve.
    Unfortunately the club was recently informed that Woodwise will be closing all of their property in Redfield to snowmobiles effective for the upcoming season.
    This will effect C5 from Harvester Mill Rd north to Salmon River Road as well as Littlejohn Dr (C5A) and Jackson Rd. (C5C)

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    Unfortunately the club was recently informed that Woodwise will be closing all of their property in Redfield to snowmobiles effective for the upcoming season.
    This will effect C5 from Harvester Mill Rd north to Salmon River Road as well as Littlejohn Dr (C5A) and Jackson Rd. (C5C)
    That is a major hit! Who is Woodwise the leasee?
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    That is a major hit! Who is Woodwise the leasee?
    No, they are the land owner. Mad River Club leases most of that property from Woodwise.

This will have effects for several neighboring clubs with connecting trails as well.

Apparently the snowmobiling community's keeping quiet and not previously giving vocal opposition to the windmills in order to keep the trails intact was not strong enough support to keep the landowner happy.

I guess now we will see how snowmobilers really feel about windmills.

Default Not good

If woodwise sticks to their word , that will be a terrible thing.. no reroute for those trails.. man corridor trials to boot.. The club members have had no information about this issue...
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

There is already an oversupply of carbon free nuclear power being produced in Oswego county that it doesn't make sense to dump more power onto the grid. These projects seem to excel in their ability to completely divide every community that they are proposed in.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast