Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Windmills in redfield

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    If woodwise sticks to their word , that will be a terrible thing.. no reroute for those trails.. man corridor trials to boot.. The club members have had no information about this issue...
    All was good up until late last week so no information to share prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    That is a major hit! Who is Woodwise the leasee?
    my guess is that woodwise wants the windmills?There has been opposition so this is a way to strong arm there way to approval?My thought was they were no where near starting this project?if I understand this correctly you will not be able to ride from the dead end of littlejohn?you would have to ride road south from the gathering place to the town of redfield via old state,rte 17? S51 over to diamond and bice will be open?mad river gates will be closed?

Well the email just went out. They shut down the whole salmon river corridor. That's gonna out redfield out of business or hurt it significantly
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    No, they are the land owner. Mad River Club leases most of that property from Woodwise.

This will have effects for several neighboring clubs with connecting trails as well.

Apparently the snowmobiling community's keeping quiet and not previously giving vocal opposition to the windmills in order to keep the trails intact was not strong enough support to keep the landowner happy.

I guess now we will see how snowmobilers really feel about windmills.
    Just think some of our trails got taken away by the DEC and guess who wasn't there at the meeting. There were a dozen paid DEC employees and 5 or so unpaid volunteers (3 from Kasoag) begging for them to reconsider. If only we had a paid employee fighting along side us.........
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    Just think some of our trails got taken away by the DEC and guess who wasn't there at the meeting. There were a dozen paid DEC employees and 5 or so unpaid volunteers (3 from Kasoag) begging for them to reconsider. If only we had a paid employee fighting along side us.........
    If you are referring to me, then you might want to get better info first! I WAS at a meeting in Oswego with a club's reps (who asked that I attend) and the 2 Sponsors responsible for the county trail program regarding this issue. I was also asked by 2 of the 3 clubs in Oswego Co. that are being affected to HOLD OFF from going the nuclear approach in Albany until they exhaust their own attempts to fix this sensitive situation. I have not heard back from them to as to what they want from NYSSA yet. Sorry to bring facts into the matter...but we have done our research on the WMA regulations and are awaiting the request from the club's officers to take it to the next level.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by 800cc28 View Post
    If you are referring to me, then you might want to get better info first! I WAS at a meeting in Oswego with a club's reps (who asked that I attend) and the 2 Sponsors responsible for the county trail program regarding this issue. I was also asked by 2 of the 3 clubs in Oswego Co. that are being affected to HOLD OFF from going the nuclear approach in Albany until they exhaust their own attempts to fix this sensitive situation. I have not heard back from them to as to what they want from NYSSA yet. Sorry to bring facts into the matter...but we have done our research on the WMA regulations and are awaiting the request from the club's officers to take it to the next level.
    Nuclear? It is our land!!! How can this even be an issue given how the governor feels about snowmobiling in NYS? Just think we volunteer to have a new headache every week during the SUMMER!!!!!! A bunch of volunteers have no hope fighting NYS to use our land. Do you really need to wait for the club to ask you to proceed to protect the public state trails for all NY snowmobilers? This isn't some random landowner.........
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

Quote Originally Posted by juiced10 View Post
    Nuclear? It is our land!!! How can this even be an issue given how the governor feels about snowmobiling in NYS? Just think we volunteer to have a new headache every week during the SUMMER!!!!!! A bunch of volunteers have no hope fighting NYS to use our land. Do you really need to wait for the club to ask you to proceed to protect the public state trails for all NY snowmobilers? This isn't some random landowner.........
    Jason, the clubs hold the TRPs from the DEC. Yes, they asked NYSSA to hold off as they are working on the issues that suddenly where presented. In the meantime, we certainly have looked into the state land regulations and are prepared to take it to the next level when the clubs request it, so we are not jeopardizing their state permits.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

The Ointy season seems to have begun a bit early this year...
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The Ointy season seems to have begun a bit early this year...
    With a vengeance! This should be another entertaining preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    With a vengeance! This should be another entertaining preseason.
    I fail to understand how volunteers can continue to bang their heads against the wall with the failing "leadership" that is NYSSA. They are more concerned with negotiating a deal with an insurance company that harasses members than negotiating a deal with Albany or the DEC.
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast