Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures of a few places we may never see again.

I blame the state more than the land owners for this. There is no reason we don't have more trails on state land that is sitting being used for nothing.

Give me a D6 Dozer and a State Land GPS on it and the problem would be solved before they catch on!

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    This is a bad loss for sure! Let's hope for a positive solution. With that said I don't see that this will have an impact on the sled traffic in Redfield. If anything those who consistently trailered to the end of Little John will now trailer to points more south and still ride through Redfield.

This will certainly put a lot of pressure on other trails that were typically lower traffic trails and for the first time ever you may see a mogul in 46 corners.

Did the Town of Redfield once have access/maintenance on Salmon River Road and Little John and gave it up to this land owner? The Town of Montague still maintains to the gate on salmon river road correct? I would assume that section through mad river club was once a town access road that they gave up. What a shame if so!

The town only maintained it to the Mad River where there is also a gate, it used to be the west gate to the MRC until the town abandoned the road and a new gate was installed where it is today. The handwriting for developement has been on the wall here for many years, it was just a matter of when and what.
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

Are there any potential trail opportunities through the heart of the hill that we once had but lost for various reasons. I haven't heard too much on this topic since about 2012.

The trouble is many of the property owners in the area around the old Cambellwood Wye really enjoy the privacy and knowing exactly who is in there. It's such a shame that we seem to be getting further and further away from the way snowmobiling on the hill once was. The access through the true remote areas (and highest snow areas) continues to get shut off more and more to the point where public access to the core of the hill is almost non existent.

How many land owners are there from north Osceola to salmon river road via the old Gallo road?

Here is a map from the early 90's showing just a few of the trails we once had in that area.

Name:  IMG_1907.JPG
Views: 610
Size:  25.1 KB

firecat,

Based on your last post, I'd suspect it has to do more with $$$$$$$$$ than anything else. Don't see Uncle Andy trying to stop this do you and he's supposed to be a big sled backer.

This keeps up, more folks just may head to Canada and the DA's in Albany won't realize how much $$ they are losing just like the same DA's won't allow reg of side x sides atv's.

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    Are there any potential trail opportunities through the heart of the hill that we once had but lost for various reasons. I haven't heard too much on this topic since about 2012.

The trouble is many of the property owners in the area around the old Cambellwood Wye really enjoy the privacy and knowing exactly who is in there. It's such a shame that we seem to be getting further and further away from the way snowmobiling on the hill once was. The access through the true remote areas (and highest snow areas) continues to get shut off more and more to the point where public access to the core of the hill is almost non existent.

How many land owners are there from north Osceola to salmon river road via the old Gallo road?

Here is a map from the early 90's showing just a few of the trails we once had in that area.

Name:  IMG_1907.JPG
Views: 610
Size:  25.1 KB
    If you ever want to part with some of those old trail maps, Id be willing to buy some...
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12