Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of a few places we may never see again.

Default Pictures of a few places we may never see again.

Was looking for another picture and came across these and thought I would share.
    Many memories and good times along with a lot of hard work is now gone.
    It's a shame those involved in the windmill debate wouldn't allow snowmobilers to stay out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thumbs down

What a damn shame... That trail has evolved big time over the last 15 years.. man the water holes we use to skip over... The wife and I are still in disbelief of this situation. I side with the club staying neutral
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

What a tragedy it would be to lose this critical trail.

That being said, this isn't the kind of deal where a solution will be reached overnight. Hand shaking, not arm twisting, is the only option here, and that takes time to play out. Cool heads with established relationships need to be in the same room at the same time.

I believe this will all work out in the end.

Trails on privately-owned land are always in jeopardy.

One concern I have is that the good folks in Redfield don't benefit a lot from all of the snowmobile traffic they get...it is a parking area and pass-through and not a destination...with only a handful of small businesses...is there a motivation to fight for these trails from non-riders?
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

This is a bad loss for sure! Let's hope for a positive solution. With that said I don't see that this will have an impact on the sled traffic in Redfield. If anything those who consistently trailered to the end of Little John will now trailer to points more south and still ride through Redfield.

This will certainly put a lot of pressure on other trails that were typically lower traffic trails and for the first time ever you may see a mogul in 46 corners.

Did the Town of Redfield once have access/maintenance on Salmon River Road and Little John and gave it up to this land owner? The Town of Montague still maintains to the gate on salmon river road correct? I would assume that section through mad river club was once a town access road that they gave up. What a shame if so!

it will all turn into a big freeride area, thereare many ways to access that property without going thru the gates..........many MRC members are menbers to have access, and have bought camps in the area for that reason also, there is a **** storm a brewin and it wont be pretty.
    Lafayette Trail Riders
    Snow Valley Riders
    Tully Trail Blazers
    Redfield Snowmobile Association

Sounds like many who were somewhere between neutral and mildly supportive of the wind project are now strongly against the windmills.

The landowner was hoping for the snowmobiling community to be more active in the process.

I think they will become more active, but not in the way the landowner hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    it will all turn into a big freeride area, thereare many ways to access that property without going thru the gates..........many MRC members are menbers to have access, and have bought camps in the area for that reason also, there is a **** storm a brewin and it wont be pretty.
    And the landowner will now accept all liability for snowmobiling on their property as no trail equals no trail insurance.

Talk about logging back in to a major downer!!! Major loss for the hill, major loss for the camp owners in the area, major loss for Redfield! I have always loved this area on the hill and still park at Little John to this day (at least I hope to)... It was really great back in the day before the internet starting telling everyone to park there... Many a morning of fresh powder on top of fresh groomed trail. I am hopeful that a solution can be found but it doesn't sound good.

At the end of the day it is the landowners right to shut things down but it is still pretty crappy to a lot of their neighbors, and the rest of us loaners who love to ride there. It's hard to believe that they are surprised no one wants 125 giant noisy eyesores in their back yard??? You can't fault Woodwise for wanting to make extra money off their land but if I was a neighbor I don't think I would be too supportive either. I don't believe the power stays local so I don't see how anyone else would be benefiting?

Hope for the best I guess!
    RIDE ON YOUR SIDE

Just thinking about the areas this will increase traffic. It would be a good time for someone to open up the old sportsman because traffic through there will increase the most. This will also increase traffic in Osceola, Florence, and the Hideaway.

Has a merger between Osceola and Redfield clubs ever been considered? That would provide the attention that will be needed to handle the extra traffic on portions of osceolas trails. Just a thought but for some reason I'm sure not a good one.

The gates will be closed they said and who from the club board is in favor of the windmills. I was told only 1 person was in favor of them. I think the real issue is the zoning in the town redfield is trying to turn it into core forestry. The Adirondack park doesn't even have that. All that traffic from little john will be parked down in town now. Osceolad trails def will not hold the traffic or redfield. To much to keep up with.
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast