Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Major trail clouser

I am not talking about getting to my camp. My camp is right outside of gate on Little John road. The state plows up to gate ( end of road), I am saying I won't be able to get on trail if gate is closed, especially my end.

I believe the state plows LJD, not township, but not positive

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeracing View Post
    I believe the state plows LJD, not township, but not positive
    Town of Redfield plows Little John Drive
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Thanks, they do a very good job, almost to good sometimes,lol

Perhaps there's another thread regarding this subject that I'm unaware of...and if so, sorry for my misguided comment(s). I think everyone on this thread has lost sight of the problem, "Major trail clouser (closure)". Why is everyone talking about camping when the problem is with miles and miles of closed Corridor trails? I really have no idea, specifically, where these trails are, and that's really not where the focus should be either. The fact is a landowner has closed their property/properties to snowmobile trails, and it is here that everyone should be attentive to, not the camps that may be affected which happen to be on those trails! This landowner is using leverage to get what they want and they have every right - it's their land. The club or clubs affected as well as the affected county association or associations and NYSSA need to open up a dialogue with this landowner and see what can be done on the organized-snowmobiling side of the equation. This is a unique situation in that the landowner is not angry with snowmobilers - they're pissed off with the local government(s). Which is helpful in this particular matter since they should be more than willing to sit down and deliberate with the clubs and associations without the need to ask for forgiveness. They are obviously cognizant of the economic effects of trail closures; now they need to be educated on the gravity of how this will affect the all-volunteer clubs and associations - with an aging "workforce"!!! My guess is that they do not understand how snowmobile clubs are organized and "staffed" and some courteous and insightful conversation just may sway their decision to the side of the club(s). Get your club(s) and association(s) best and most educated ambassadors together for a meeting with the top brass of the landowner's agents and have a calm and collected meeting with them. Do not leave it up to your political "friends" to resolve this matter - work to move the leverage point elsewhere.

The landowner in this situation has not responded to NYSSA's emails to them to open up any potential dialogue.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

I don't think that the trail closure has given woodwise the result that they were looking for. They were expecting it to produce outrage towards the town of Redfield but almost all of it seems to be directed towards woodwise.

On August 31st at 10:48 am on the Redfield Club's Facebook page, the Director of Operations for Woodwise, Matt Smith was directly asked what their intent was regarding the closed trails. If the town gave them what they wanted (not changing the zoning) would Woodwise allow the trail to be reopened. After some dancing around an answer, Matt Smith finally stated "I guess I would say today 8/31/2017, the answer would be no" So regardless of how any of us feel about the proposal to erect 125 windmills in Redfield, the best use of our efforts now would be to support the club in finding and building a suitable reroute.

Default There it is

Quote Originally Posted by PD600 View Post
    On August 31st at 10:48 am on the Redfield Club's Facebook page, the Director of Operations for Woodwise, Matt Smith was directly asked what their intent was regarding the closed trails. If the town gave them what they wanted (not changing the zoning) would Woodwise allow the trail to be reopened. After some dancing around an answer, Matt Smith finally stated "I guess I would say today 8/31/2017, the answer would be no" So regardless of how any of us feel about the proposal to erect 125 windmills in Redfield, the best use of our efforts now would be to support the club in finding and building a suitable reroute.
    Great post and excellent words to move forward on! Leave Woodwise in the snow dust!
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Quote Originally Posted by PD600 View Post
    Maybe Woodwise has wanted to shut down access all along? The windmills may have given them the excuse that they needed to close everything down without taking as much blowback.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast