Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: Major trail clouser

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariess10 View Post
    I'm saying is getting into our camps , that closure is a whole different thing , yes my neighbor is very known and has a lot of land up there didn't say me .. right now my concern is getting into my camp
    Would your neighbor be interested in talking to the snowmobile clubs about use of some of his land for trails?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariess10 View Post
    I get that really sucks , maybe it becomes a town thing because I'm .5 miles down and there is no way I can get into my camp without plowing or grooming !! Really sucks for both us camp owners and snowmobilers, goes sill just have to wait and see
    Unfortunately that's the risk you take when you buy property on a seasonal road.
    No guarantee of access.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariess10 View Post
    I'm wondering how us camp owners are gonna get into our camps seeing how sno pals would obviously stop grooming .. I know for a fact my neighbors and I won't stand for not getting in and my neighbors are pretty big hitters on the hill ?? I really hope this gets resolved before snowmobiling ,
    I'm assuming by this post you are on salmon river road on the montague side of the county line gate? If so why would it not being groomed impact getting to your camp?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    I'm assuming by this post you are on salmon river road on the montague side of the county line gate? If so why would it not being groomed impact getting to your camp?
    I am on salmon river rd where it turns into a trail , about 3 miles from the mad river gates , with that gate closed in assuming sno pals wouldn't groom leading me no way to get into my camp ..

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    It's a seasonal road that sleds will continue to run as far as the gate. Why would you need a groomer down it to get through? There are trails to camps all over the hill that aren't groomed.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariess10 View Post
    I'm saying is getting into our camps , that closure is a whole different thing , yes my neighbor is very known and has a lot of land up there didn't say me .. right now my concern is getting into my camp
    Get together with all the property owners and either pay BCSP to plow off or groom to the gate or your property or contract with the town or a private contractor to keep the road plowed from the bridge to the gate.
    I know the area well and that is likely what you need to have. The Town plows to the bridge... Anything after that is on the property owners to figure out what to do.
    Whatever happens someone needs to provide a turnaround for either a plow truck or a groomer with drag.
    Last edited by Phantom; 09-01-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    "Persistent Violator"

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariess10 View Post
    I get that really sucks , maybe it becomes a town thing because I'm .5 miles down and there is no way I can get into my camp without plowing or grooming !! Really sucks for both us camp owners and snowmobilers, goes sill just have to wait and see
    You can't get 1/2 mile into your camp without grooming? Please explain.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    You can't get 1/2 mile into your camp without grooming? Please explain.
    I read that wrong... 1/2 mile can be done with a snow blower... Been there done that!
    "Persistent Violator"

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I read that wrong... 1/2 mile can be done with a snow blower... Been there done that!
    I have to admit I am totally confused. Doesn't he snowmobile into his cabin? If so why would the road need to be snowblowed, plowed, or groomed? I would take a snowmobile to a cabin breaking trail before I would take a snowblower, groomer, or plow. 25 to 30 years ago grooming was basically non existent and I can tell you people accessed their camps just fine.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    I have to admit I am totally confused. Doesn't he snowmobile into his cabin? If so why would the road need to be snowblowed, plowed, or groomed? I would take a snowmobile to a cabin breaking trail before I would take a snowblower, groomer, or plow. 25 to 30 years ago grooming was basically non existent and I can tell you people accessed their camps just fine.
    This is true but 25-30 years ago the sleds weighed half of what they do today. I have ridden both new sleds and some old dogs and for breaking trail the old dogs have it over the new sleds easily.
    You cannot get them stuck even with a 1/2" track.
    "Persistent Violator"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •