Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On a side note....

Don't know who bought the Hayloft. Cedar Pine may pick up business w/ C5 shut down. Probly can expect the trail from there towards Highmarket to get beat to smithereens.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Don't know who bought the Hayloft. Cedar Pine may pick up business w/ C5 shut down. Probly can expect the trail from there towards Highmarket to get beat to smithereens.
    To me it will hurt business. I like being able to make a big loop, not a to and from destination. I don't think any trail will hold up well when it's the only way to and from. Unfortunately this is what DEC is promoting everywhere, no redundant trails.

I agree, bad for businesses, it's a poor economy on the hill. Going to hurt Otter limits! I am not a heavy drinker but I do enjoy having several destinations threw a day to stop. Wether for a beverage or break. Glad to see Hayloft back on the loop!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamacat1 View Post
    To me it will hurt business. I like being able to make a big loop, not a to and from destination. I don't think any trail will hold up well when it's the only way to and from. Unfortunately this is what DEC is promoting everywhere, no redundant trails.
    Yeah. When the 7th Mtn trail went in from MRP to Racquette, they eliminated a lot of trails in MRP area.
    Never understood that, I dont think they were funded but they were a lot of fun

Default Forestport News

The Buffalo Head is closed and for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamacat1 View Post
    It seems there is some misunderstanding on this exact issue.
    I believe that snowmobilers not wanting to ride around in small circles of only a few miles was taken as only wanting to ride straight to a destination and back using the same trail.
    I think most people ride to a destination or multiple destinations and back to a starting point trying to avoid using the same trail twice thus making a loop.
    I think that some powers that be are a bit confused on this and have latched onto the words "loop"and "destination" without understanding much about how riders really use the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    It seems there is some misunderstanding on this exact issue.
    I believe that snowmobilers not wanting to ride around in small circles of only a few miles was taken as only wanting to ride straight to a destination and back using the same trail.
    I think most people ride to a destination or multiple destinations and back to a starting point trying to avoid using the same trail twice thus making a loop.
    I think that some powers that be are a bit confused on this and have latched onto the words "loop"and "destination" without understanding much about how riders really use the trails.
    ^YES^

I dont understand eliminating trails??? We aren't driving our car, the joy of riding a sled is getting outside in the winter and "finding your way"... I make a loop out things whenever I can and I make as many "side loops" as time and fuel allows. There is no fun in riding straight there and straight back!
    RIDE ON YOUR SIDE

Quote Originally Posted by sledrider80 View Post
    Hayloft opens Sept 22nd that's their grand opening
    I used to really like that place and am glad it is re-opening, but the closure of C5 is really going to hurt them and other businesses on the West side of Tug Hill.

Seems like every "tavern" around Tug Hill is always for sale; owning a restaurant can be a tough business for sure.

Also, the only place that have had bad food and service at was the Sportsmen. And the service has always been SLOW at the Timberview, but the staff was polite and the food was good.

All other Tug Hill establishments have always given me great food and service.

My 1st time at Hayloft was a good one, unfortunately it closed down following season. I really hope this trail issue does not hinder a new up and coming owner/ management!

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    I am wondering how C5 being shut down will impact business. Could actual make it better - less through traffic, more destination riders.
    That was another ding we got from D.E.C. they said Little John forest was a destination . Think about it one of the only games around that has snow in N.Y. where are you going to go. Didn't you know snowmobilers can't have a destination you have to ride in circles and not stop that way you don't have a destination. What a joke.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast