Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess what NY club this is?

Does anyone else find it very disturbing we have a club with no building, class A groomer but having $400,000 in assets getting an ATP grant?

I believe the $373,204 in assets is not cash in the bank, rather the sum of all of their assets (groomer barn, tools, groomers, drags, material on hand, money in the bank, etc.).

Ok....... so I'm having a senior moment here.... I'm assuming we're talking about a club on the hill...??

Default Aca

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Does anyone else find it very disturbing we have a club with no building, class A groomer but having $400,000 in assets getting an ATP grant?
    whats worse?
    this or an unemployed guy with millions of dollars in the bank who gets his health care for FREE?
    - no monthly premium
    - no copay
    - no deductible
    - emergency room visits are free
    - meds $1/month

Happens in NYS thanks to Obamacare!
    THANKS CHUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    I believe the $373,204 in assets is not cash in the bank, rather the sum of all of their assets (groomer barn, tools, groomers, drags, material on hand, money in the bank, etc.).
    Look back through the posts. They have a couple of UTVs and drags (one of which was an RTP grant), maybe a skandic or two, and I'll even give you $10k in misc. So even guessing high it can't be worth more than $60k....the rest cash in the bank....

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    Ok....... so I'm having a senior moment here.... I'm assuming we're talking about a club on the hill...??
    Nope!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    No, this is Inlet, a neighboring club to the Old Forge trail system. They have a limited trail system that gets a disproportionate number of members due to the NYS requirement to join a club for the reggie discount. Most of these members are Old Forge riders who just need to belong so some club, any club, to pay $45 instead of $100.

That is why they have a lot of money in the bank ($30 for club dues).
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

When old forge built the new trail to bypass the mckeever bridge via the RR tracks the Trackside club asked for some help money wise and was told by the inlet club they had no money

Some people should really read the information and comments before they comment on things they have now clue about.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    That sum is a number they provide to the government for their 501C3 who knows what it really is.

Default Donation

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    When old forge built the new trail to bypass the mckeever bridge via the RR tracks the Trackside club asked for some help money wise and was told by the inlet club they had no money

Some people should really read the information and comments before they comment on things they have now clue about.
    At some time years ago before I was President, they did donate $500. I think. However, since then they have claimed broke.

As far as money in the bank, they got to have it! A couple of UTV's, and scandic's to groom 10 miles of trail. Yes they got a grant for 1, with the help of CAP 21. Trackside doesnt get any help with a grant from them. Figure it out, over 2000 members at $24.00 per, that's 48K coming in every year. We get the cold shoulder from the Old Forge Information Office where most of the memberships are sold.

Little known fact, Trackside grooms and maintains 26 miles of trail in the town of Webb. C7, C4H, and S71, all have parts in the town of Webb, and we get no help from any of them.

Assets in the bank, we don't have it. We spend it on making snowmobiling safer. We do have a lot more, 4 class A groomers 2003 and newer, 5 drags, 2 UTV's, a sled, Groomer barn, Club House, and the land it sits on. All with 1/2 the members they have, that we work so hard to maintain.

We just spent a week with a 20 ton hoe making the trails better. DEC built the trail for Inlet to groom!

Yup it's Yogi! rant time. Another little known fact. Trackside was open and had ridable snow last year from December 5th to April 9th. We called it the seson of the "Full Pull"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast