Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the group of riders with the loud cans on their sleds

Default To the group of riders with the loud cans on their sleds

....in Lee Center. Congratulations, you got a main trail shut down because you couldn't ride without nailing it. Your modified new Arctic Cat sleds (all 4 of you have them) must really impress the hell out of your other friends; at almost 1000' away, when the four of you blasted the throttle, I couldn't hear the TV in my house. Other people in the club could hear you at their house, 2 miles away. WTH were you thinking? You were literally in someone's BACK YARD (the guy who shut the trail down because of all of your noise at 3AM on your way home from Tug Hill).
    Now the club has to do a major re-route in an area that floods every Spring (it's the last piece of land available to do this)......and I don't see any of you around to cut trees or build bridges. I wish the cops had intervened, and hope someday they will and it costs you dearly. If you get THIS section of trail shut down, people are going to hunt you down!!!!
    Why? Because now I HAVE TO RIDE THE ROAD-THAT'S ALWAYS BARE EARLY AND LATE IN THE SEASON for a mile to get to the trail because you had a section OF CORRIDOR trail closed.
    Having lived within talking (not walking) distance of a trail for 26 years, I never had to own a trailer. I'd quit before I have to do this, and am getting close to that point. Nobody's ever been as load as you guys are.
    GROW UP!!!!-or get out of snowmobiling before you ruin it for EVERYONE.

They don't care. They will do the same thing again on a different trail somewhere else.

Jack azzes, someone needs to beat the hell out of these type of trailer park trash
    Im confused, wait... maybe i'm not.

I like the sound of a strong engine, but not when it's screaming or loud enough to hear from a distance. Not to mention riding past hours loud or near houses.

C5 near Altmar was shut down for similar reasons a couple of years ago. A guy who is not a snowmobiler allowed access for the trail in the back part of his property; after neighbors had their land logged, loud sleds could be heard clearly by this landowner. He allowed the trail to remain until the end of the season, but asked the club to close it afterwards.

It's the number one reason trails get closed in snowmobiling, not just NYS.

I still believe a 60 second video or commercial explaining how the trail system works, how delicate it is, and how one person's thoughtless actions can cause a major disruption to a trail network is a good, not perfect, solution...make it one step in re-registering a sled online....
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Imagine in a perfect world NYSSA would have a booth as soon as you walk in the Syracuse snow show instead of Bikeman Performance showing off their latest noise makers.
    Without Yamaha I would have no reason to groom
    Proud drinker of Doolaid
    Kasoag Trailblazers

It all comes down to selfishness.I know that we cover this every year but every year it becomes even more of an issue.then there is gonna be the guys who tell ya they pickip 3 horsepower and lose 3 pounds and thats a huge difference cuz why?your sled comes from the factory with 180 hp . 1.5% more power?never gonna feel it .its more about " look at me"hear me coming and hear me leave. I think they must "get off" with the attention. So it comes down to why..why would you use one knowing it results in trail closures?the answer is selfishness.such a pain in the A$$

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    It all comes down to selfishness.I know that we cover this every year but every year it becomes even more of an issue.then there is gonna be the guys who tell ya they pickip 3 horsepower and lose 3 pounds and thats a huge difference cuz why?your sled comes from the factory with 180 hp . 1.5% more power?never gonna feel it .its more about " look at me"hear me coming and hear me leave. I think they must "get off" with the attention. So it comes down to why..why would you use one knowing it results in trail closures?the answer is selfishness.such a pain in the A$$
    I think it comes down to mommy and daddy didnít pay enough attention to them when they were growing up or they may be trying to compensate for a small peepee.

Peacock Patrol...

It's what I call my friends who run cans, need to have the Power Rangers outfits with all the latest colors that are in vogue, etc.

Just as a Peacock spreads his tail feathers to attract attention some people feel the need to shout out "LOOK AT ME"

The same people also have loud exhaust on their Harley, Crotch Rocket Dirt Bike and ATV/SXS.
    They travel in a pack with like thinking friends who pump up their self esteem by reassuring each other that they are the coolest kids on the block as real riders laugh at them.
    "Persistent Violator"

That's why it's not even worth changing exhaust causes to many problems for what.
    2006 Polaris fusion
    2012 Polaris rush

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast